After 6000 miles or 10,000 km i feel that everything rattles

kbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Sienna, 2016 Honda Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I have 4k miles on mine. The only rattle I have that is loud and very noticeable to my ears is coming from the passenger rear trunk area. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for repair. My speakers rattle like crazy, my driver door is terrible at lower frequencies but I can live with that. The rear rattle is what's driving me crazy.
I have a rattle that has become louder and more consistent coming from the same area on my LX 6MT. I plan on having the dealer look at it next time I go in as well. Let us know if they fix it.
Sponsored

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
That trunk rattle, is 100% the body/bumper. I literally rode in the trunk while my girlfriend drove, and it comes from the bumper. Its a squeaking noise. I had taken mine to the dealership, and they said they had "tightened everything" despite not "being able to replicate" the issue. It had stopped for 3 weeks, but it came back.

kbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Sienna, 2016 Honda Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
That trunk rattle, is 100% the body/bumper. I literally rode in the trunk while my girlfriend drove, and it comes from the bumper. Its a squeaking noise. I had taken mine to the dealership, and they said they had "tightened everything" despite not "being able to replicate" the issue. It had stopped for 3 weeks, but it came back.
Thanks for the info. I have been meaning to "ride in the trunk" like you did but haven't found a good time to do it with my wife rarely driving my car or we need to take our kids in the van, etc.

The kids sit in the back and they think they hear it coming from small side window on the passenger side (that may just be perception). My sound is more of a rattle though and doesn't sound squeaky to me?

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I have been meaning to "ride in the trunk" like you did but haven't found a good time to do it with my wife rarely driving my car or we need to take our kids in the van, etc.

The kids sit in the back and they think they hear it coming from small side window on the passenger side (that may just be perception). My sound is more of a rattle though and doesn't sound squeaky to me?
If it sounds like its coming from the Small Side Window, its 100% the same one I have. When I drive, and even sitting in the back, it definitely sounds like a rattle. Its when you go in the trunk that you can really hear that it sort of squeaks.

Do this, push on your back bumper on the side (close to the tail light), and you will hear that bumper squeak.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had for 3 weeks the Audi A3 and it was $8,000 more than my touring. It is considered comparable to the Civic touring. Audi was cheaper on the interior and the hesitation was disgusting off idle. I tried two of them. Same thing in both A3's. The Audi had no LED headlights. No Sensing package, no cameras anywhere, No heated seats (maybe just fronts). The Civic was a better car. The only thing the Audi had on the Civic was the Quattro. Might have better paint. I had Audis since I was driving 27 years ago. Never thought I would be in a Civic. Never! I love my touring.
Audis are way more expensive to fix and yes I had a lot of problems with all of my Audis. I spent about $5,000 in repairs after the warranty On my last A6 4.2 liter. Never again. But with a Civic I believe even after warranty it will not be close to the Audi repairs. I would never buy a BMW I almost did until I spoke with a mechanic that worked on them and even owned a 740. He said not to get one and he was looking at buying an Audi.
So what do you suggest for the people who have tons of issues with there civic and cannot get anywhere with Honda?
I had for 3 weeks the Audi A3 and it was $8,000 more than my touring. It is considered comparable to the Civic touring. Audi was cheaper on the interior and the hesitation was disgusting off idle. I tried two of them. Same thing in both A3's. The Audi had no LED headlights. No Sensing package, no cameras anywhere, no heated seats (maybe just fronts), definitely no radio screen like we have in the Touring, or gps. The Civic was a better car. The only thing the Audi had on the Civic was the Quattro. Might have better paint. I had Audis since I was driving 27 years ago. Never thought I would be in a Civic. Never! I love my touring.
Audis are way more expensive to fix and yes I had a lot of problems with all of my Audis. I spent about $6,000 in repairs after the warranty. This is not maintenance, I'm talking timing chains, timing belt, serpintine belt, and transmission went, this was On my last A6 4.2 liter. Never again. But with a Civic I believe even after warranty it will not be close to the Audi repairs. I would never buy a BMW I almost did until I spoke with a mechanic that worked on them and even owned a 740. He said not to get one and he was looking at buying an Audi.
i must have gotten a Friday car then because my car is no where near flawless.
•engine rattles loud apon start up for a few seconds.
•engine grinds on start ups when left for 1 to 3 hours.
•door panel makes creeking noise when pressure is put on it.
•dashboard buzzes at 1800 rpm
•center console arm rest makes popping noise when I rest my arm down.
•center console makes a clicking noise when driving
•subwoofer rattle
•infotainment screen went black all night I couldn't use anything on it.
•transmission is very jerky at low speed.
•sheet metal so thin dents very easily.
•very thin pain chips easily.

So do you have any recommendations for someone who is very unhappy with their touring and wants to get out of it. The only other company that has good reliability is Toyota and I like non of there cars. That's why I was looking into premium to get better quality. But from what you've said I'm not very sure I want that now. If I was to get an Audi I would look at an a4 and for BMW an 328i

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So what do you suggest for the people who have tons of issues with there civic and cannot get anywhere with Honda?

•subwoofer rattle

So do you have any recommendations for someone who is very unhappy with their touring and wants to get out of it. The only other company that has good reliability is Toyota and I like non of there cars. That's why I was looking into premium to get better quality. But from what you've said I'm not very sure I want that now. If I was to get an Audi I would look at an a4 and for BMW an 328i
Yeah I understand totally. If you look at reviews most people that are upset with their vehicles or any product for that matter are most likely to make reviews because they want to vent. Every single manufacture will have customers just like you. Are you on any BMW forum? You will see the same thing upset customers about a car that is costing 60-$70,000 far cry from what you spent. My last Audi was $70,000 out the door. So to me it sounds like a small number of people on the whole that have these rattles and squeaks.
So take it with a grain of salt what I say. But first production year will have issues. I knew that going in. So you can't compare an Audi that costs $50,000 to a $20,000 car. An A4 with comparable options such as the sensing and GPS , cold weather package, LED headlights, and so on. You will be very close to that $45,000- $50,000 for an A4.
I'm just glad that I don't have those problems cause I would be throwing it at the dealer and being pissed off just like you

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I understand totally. If you look at reviews most people that are upset with their vehicles or any product for that matter are most likely to make reviews because they want to vent. Every single manufacture will have customers just like you. Are you on any BMW forum? You will see the same thing upset customers about a car that is costing 60-$70,000 far cry from what you spent. My last Audi was $70,000 out the door. So to me it sounds like a small number of people on the whole that have these rattles and squeaks.
So take it with a grain of salt what I say. But first production year will have issues. I knew that going in. So you can't compare an Audi that costs $50,000 to a $20,000 car. An A4 with comparable options such as the sensing and GPS , cold weather package, LED headlights, and so on. You will be very close to that $45,000- $50,000 for an A4.
I'm just glad that I don't have those problems cause I would be throwing it at the dealer and being pissed off just like you
Yea I get you. It's very frustrating. I went to my car after work today and the infotainment screen wouldn't turned on. It's just a lot of issues that's what's annoying. I can deal with one or two but I have so many it's crazy.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yea I get you. It's very frustrating. I went to my car after work today and the infotainment screen wouldn't turned on. It's just a lot of issues that's what's annoying. I can deal with one or two but I have so many it's crazy.
Did you ever get the update on the enfotainment system? Make sure you have latest update. Also I had to reboot mine 3 times because of the same issue. It's just like a computer. You have to reboot it once in awhile. Did you ever reboot it? Hold power button for 15 seconds?

ccflier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Count me in the list of those frustrated with the interior. I have narrowed one of my two trunk rattles to just above the sub. The sub itself is rubbish. I'm no audio snob, but the thing distorts terribly at normal volume settings. I have 5k on the car and when I take it in for the first service I'm going to have them replace the sub. I discovered I can recreate the noise by playing back audio of a certain podcast. Jot down the time the distortion happens and replay it every 15 seconds. No way they can deny it then! Entry level or not, I expected better from the touring and will be very curious to see how Honda stands behind their product.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

•subwoofer rattle

Your never going to be happy with it. Sell it.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever get the update on the enfotainment system? Make sure you have latest update. Also I had to reboot mine 3 times because of the same issue. It's just like a computer. You have to reboot it once in awhile. Did you ever reboot it? Hold power button for 15 seconds?
I think I did once or twice. But right now the whole screen is black so I can't do anything right now. And yea I have the latest update they always tell me when I bring it in for problems they update it for me.
Your never going to be happy with it. Sell it.
Obviously I know I'll never be happy with the thing. There's no way they can fix all of these issues. But I'm not sure what I should get to replace it. Civic is the best looking and I like the turbo. I guess I'll have to just figure it out as I go.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think I did once or twice. But right now the whole screen is black so I can't do anything right now. And yea I have the latest update they always tell me when I bring it in for problems they update it for me.

Obviously I know I'll never be happy with the thing. There's no way they can fix all of these issues. But I'm not sure what I should get to replace it. Civic is the best looking and I like the turbo. I guess I'll have to just figure it out as I go.
Try unplugging battery cable for 15 minutes. Other than that try another dealer.

Rutgers-05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T

Trade in for a Toyota 86 and call it a day.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
We had a 2006 Civic LX bought used with 35,000 miles and it NEVER RATTLED

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I wonder if I just got lucky or what. You see people on here and you would think this car is this biggest POS ever made. Did all you guys buy your cars the first few months it came out? I got mine over the summer and don't have any of the issues people are talking about. Or maybe I'm just not as anal as other people.
Sponsored