Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
these new cars are just riddled with small annoying issues! Whatever happened to quality control and extensive testing.
Sponsored

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Yea I have a list of issues with this car that once it's out of warranty I'm going to be worried. But I guess it's one of those things you live and you learn. My mother kept saying to me wait until the car is out for a while look into what people are experiencing and get a 2017 since 16 is the first model year. Didn't listen to her and got screwed. Oh well
Yeah, nothing we can do at this point. But its always a risk, you could've gotten a 2016 with no issues, the same way you could've gotten a 2017 with a ton of issues. We're the ones with issues, so we are here on the forum. That's the problem in being a little more involved with things...we come here to discuss things, and end up only seeing the negatives.

I will be documenting and talking to my case manager about everything that happens. If it gets seriously bad, I will be pressing them to do something a little more permanent to get my issues resolved.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
My parents told me to wait too. I have some rattles and creaks nothing that drives me crazy as i have the music on most of the time and never hear it. My main gripe is i should have kept driving my 2010 ex sedan and saved up for a Charger Scat Pack. I probably would have been halfway to owning that car. Now i'll have to pay this one off and then see if i can get into one of those.

holtbest12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
I have 4k miles on mine. The only rattle I have that is loud and very noticeable to my ears is coming from the passenger rear trunk area. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for repair. My speakers rattle like crazy, my driver door is terrible at lower frequencies but I can live with that. The rear rattle is what's driving me crazy.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Yeah, nothing we can do at this point. But its always a risk, you could've gotten a 2016 with no issues, the same way you could've gotten a 2017 with a ton of issues. We're the ones with issues, so we are here on the forum. That's the problem in being a little more involved with things...we come here to discuss things, and end up only seeing the negatives.

I will be documenting and talking to my case manager about everything that happens. If it gets seriously bad, I will be pressing them to do something a little more permanent to get my issues resolved.

When did you buy your EX-L and what build date was it?

What will you do if your next car has issues?

Last edited:

NPCwars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
That is exactly how I am thinking. Word for word. If I have to deal with shit like this at $23k, then I would rather spend $7k more to have something that causes me no headaches. If a car is supposed to be an investment, I should be making a good one. I know european cars are gonna have much higher repair bills, but if this car doesn't work out, I'm trading it in and getting an A3. Fuck dealing with issues like this.
That's what I plan on doing as well.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Just to chime in at the risk of getting pitchforked, when it's colder outside, plastics/metals will shrink slightly, and therefore have more play.
My old 2007 Accord would rattle like shit between october and february, and then magically heal itself during the warmer months.

Everything eventually wears down, no different than a car. And fwiw, it IS an entry level econobox, but for what I paid for it I'll gladly put up with small rattles...or you know, just turn up the radio :p

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone ditches for an Audi, IMO go for the '17+ A4 used in a few years. Should be a decent value. And anytime I look at one, whooo! :love:

...I'll be in my bunk...

On-topic: My biggest rattly pet peeve: The driver's door "clicking" while driving or if you press on it. I can deal tho...that's when I jam out to Spice Girls :headbang: to drown it out

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have 4k miles on mine. The only rattle I have that is loud and very noticeable to my ears is coming from the passenger rear trunk area. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for repair. My speakers rattle like crazy, my driver door is terrible at lower frequencies but I can live with that. The rear rattle is what's driving me crazy.
I've got the same rear from the trunk. If they figure it out, please let us know what the issue it.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Are these noises loud?
Yes, I had a trunk one that got fixed. I have three currently. One in the dash area that I took to the dealership for already, they put foam around the piece (which I discovered to be the AC vent on the bottom), and it seemed to have helped for 3-4 days, now the issue is back. Its fairly loud and constant. I have a small one on the driver's right side AC vent, that goes away when I aim the vent to the right. The third one is on the driver's door. If I lean my leg against it, it starts.

When did you buy your EX-L and what build date was it?

What will you do if your next car has issues?
Beginning of August, build date was from July 16'. Built in Indiana.
I'll just accept that cars at this price range are all crap and cry a little inside. But then again, my shitty base mode Sentra '13, that was $17k didn't have any rattles.

Just to chime in at the risk of getting pitchforked, when it's colder outside, plastics/metals will shrink slightly, and therefore have more play.
My old 2007 Accord would rattle like shit between october and february, and then magically heal itself during the warmer months.

Everything eventually wears down, no different than a car. And fwiw, it IS an entry level econobox, but for what I paid for it I'll gladly put up with small rattles...or you know, just turn up the radio :p
This could very well be it, but I live in Florida, its always hot lol

If anyone ditches for an Audi, IMO go for the '17+ A4 used in a few years. Should be a decent value. And anytime I look at one, whooo! :love:

...I'll be in my bunk...

On-topic: My biggest rattly pet peeve: The driver's door "clicking" while driving or if you press on it. I can deal tho...that's when I jam out to Spice Girls :headbang: to drown it out
I get the same damn fucking noise. Its the least frequent one for me, but its there. Happens more when I rest my legs against it.

I've got the same rear from the trunk. If they figure it out, please let us know what the issue it.
The first dealership I took my car to fixed. They never said what they did because "they couldn't replicate the issue so they just tightened everything"...

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Lufelham

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2010, Coming soon 2016 Civic
Country flag
well my car before this one was a 2010 mazda 3 in all those years not a single sqeak nor a rattle and it was the automatic base model i got the turbo plus (mexicos EXL) this should be better than the base mazda or am i wrong?

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
well my car before this one was a 2010 mazda 3 in all those years not a single sqeak nor a rattle and it was the automatic base model i got the turbo plus (mexicos EXL) this should be better than the base mazda or am i wrong?
Based on Honda's history, yes. That is one of the reasons I went with Honda.