First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't get caught by buzzwords and fancy advertising. It's a plastic tube with an air filter. Just because they use fancy words like "roto-mold", "CAD designed", and "dyno-tuned" doesn't make it worth almost $400....

Roto-molding is just an alternative to injection molding. Nothing fancy, just process
The T-Shirt you're wearing right now is CAD designed. Literally everything is designed in CAD these days.
and of course they stuck it on a dyno....

It's a plastic tube with a plastic box. Here I thought Injen was insane for charging $300 for their intake.

OP
OP
DarkLight

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Update: After making some calls, aFe/Takeda will be releasing an exhaust for the 1.5 as well.

As for us 2.0 folks, looks like we're screwed. We get nothin'. :(

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
It's advertised as a cold air intake but based on the location of of the opening for the MAF sensor that is definitely not a cold air intake.

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Probably called it a CAI because of how it partially utilize the factory ducting in the front, but yeah, this is just an SRI with a plastic box around the filter.

Plastic does have the slight benefit of not getting heat soaked as bad as an aluminum pipe when you're stuck in traffic. Also, the box around the open air filter should reduce some of the induction noise short rams are known for, but if noise is an issue for you, then you're better off keeping the stock box in the first place.

Sure is a nice looking under hood piece though.

P4Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2018 Honda Accord EX-l 2.0 Turbo, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1965 GMC Pickup, 2009 KTM Enduro 690R
I love AFE. I have used them on other vehicles. Very clean and a nice finished look!!!

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've used aFe on many turbo cars in the past. They're usually the best in multiple areas, but expensive. Their intakes always sound the best, since aluminum intakes make 4 cylinder turbos sound like ass.
Sponsored