First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted an intake for my car but I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I decided to go to Amazon and look around. After my research, I found many good reviews for the "AF Dynamic" intake. On my list of mods to buy was an intake and blow-off valve, I bought my intake and I didn't have enough to get a blow off as well so I had to wait till I had some more money. After installing my AF Dynamic intake I was surprised the sound of the turbo and OEM blow-off got much louder. Now that I installed my intake I'm not going to waste money investing in a blow off valve because now the Honda blow-off sounds awesome with this intake.

AF Dynamic intake on Amazon for $159.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VTCZ9KS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The install was fairly easy, the hardest part was assembling the intake but taking out the Honda intake was easy and I'm so glad I did this mod.

Once I get some time on my day off I'm going to try and make a video of the sounds it makes. It will be an only an after video since I didn't get any recordings of the sounds the car made before install.
Honda Civic 10th gen AF Dynamic Short Ram Intake image1-1 Honda Civic 10th gen AF Dynamic Short Ram Intake image2-1 Honda Civic 10th gen AF Dynamic Short Ram Intake image3-1 Honda Civic 10th gen AF Dynamic Short Ram Intake image4-1 Honda Civic 10th gen AF Dynamic Short Ram Intake image5

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do they make one for the Si?
no, they do not yet. the MAF sensors are different and it wont fit this intake

I wanted an intake for my car but I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I decided to go to Amazon and look around. After my research, I found many good reviews for the "AF Dynamic" intake. On my list of mods to buy was an intake and blow-off valve, I bought my intake and I didn't have enough to get a blow off as well so I had to wait till I had some more money. After installing my AF Dynamic intake I was surprised the sound of the turbo and OEM blow-off got much louder. Now that I installed my intake I'm not going to waste money investing in a blow off valve because now the Honda blow-off sounds awesome with this intake.

AF Dynamic intake on Amazon for $159.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VTCZ9KS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The install was fairly easy, the hardest part was assembling the intake but taking out the Honda intake was easy and I'm so glad I did this mod.

Once I get some time on my day off I'm going to try and make a video of the sounds it makes. It will be an only an after video since I didn't get any recordings of the sounds the car made before install.
image1-1.jpg image2-1.jpg image3-1.jpg image4-1.jpg image5.jpg
I love my intake, It sounds so good and I got to take off that god awful boomba bov that is so bad for our cars.

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no, they do not yet. the MAF sensors are different and it wont fit this intake
I love my intake, It sounds so good and I got to take off that god awful boomba bov that is so bad for our cars.
I'm sad to hear you went through that but I'm glad i read this, it was at one time on my list of things to buy.

dirty.pineapples

I like Subarus.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch Sport, 6MT, Aegean Blue Metallic |'08 Legacy 3.0R, 5EAT, Obsidian Black Pearl
Intakes are all the same. Don't waste $400 on a Mishimoto system. Nothing special. All it is is just a tube with a cone filter at the other end.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hello Everyone, I hope you are all having a great day.

Our intake for the 10th generation Civic is actually well below the $400 mark. While a majority of air intakes will be virtually the same, not many come with a lifetime warranty such as ours :)

If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us directly at [email protected] for a prompt and accurate reply

Thanks
-Jake
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Could you please clarifiy what lifetimewarranty mean? @Mishimoto
Hello AhmedTitef,

I'd be more then happy to go over the details of our warranty. The Mishimoto lifetime warranty covers manufactures defects. Lets say you have our intake installed on your vehicle. Years down the road, a clamp snaps or a coupler wears out. These are all things that would be covered under warranty. All you would have to do is send over a copy of your receipt and a photo of the defective product and we'd be happy to get replacements shipped out.

This is obviously a very brief explanation. If you'd like to see the full details of our warranty, follow the link here : https://www.mishimoto.com/lifetime-warranty/

Thanks
-Jake
Mishimoto

OP
OP
RallyeeRedAZ

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Everyone, I hope you are all having a great day.

Our intake for the 10th generation Civic is actually well below the $400 mark. While a majority of air intakes will be virtually the same, not many come with a lifetime warranty such as ours :)

If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us directly at [email protected] for a prompt and accurate reply

Thanks
-Jake
Mishimoto
I went to your website and you don't offer any products for a 2017 Honda Civic.

TonyStark

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Civic Si, MY11 370z nismo, MY14 Ford ST, MY09 RX8
Hi everyone,

I am new to posting on this forum. I just sold my 370z nismo and Focus ST2 to begin tuning the new MY17 Civic SI.

After reviewing the Mishimoto site and several prior posts, I am not seeing that an SRI intake solution is offered from Mishimoto as of yet. Does anyone know the ETA on the R&D for this system?

Building many vehicles throughout my days, I have come to find that not all parts are created equal, even if at first glance this seems to be the case. The Mishimoto and AFE systems appear to be quality parts for this program platform. Any information would be great. Happy to be a part of the Civic X forum, thanks guys!
Sponsored