AF Dynamic Intake with Sound Clip

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wanting the Mishimoto Red intake but when they told me it was out of stock until at least July I decided to move on and bought this AF Dynamic red intake. With a flat blade, a phillips and a 10 mm socket I was able to install in under 25 minutes. So far I like it. I have a CVT and you can really hear the turbo at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle, the sound goes away at WOT. Note that I still have my Boomba bov on, so thats why the blow off is so loud. Its coming off tonight. Also, sometimes Honda Sensing really irritates me, like in this video, sorry for the language.

Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Is Honda Sensing always that annoying?

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
Did the Honda Sense make your car stop like that? When I saw your video in the other thread, I thought you had a manual and stalled.

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Is Honda Sensing always that annoying?
Actually yes, more than I like. I feel like if someone was behind me this morning, they would have hit me. Other times the lane keep drives me nut bc it will see old lines in the road and think Im drifting lanes and will shake the wheel or correct my direction and sometimes pump the brake and im in the middle of the effing lane. You can turn it all off, but then whats the point of paying for it in the first place. Most of the time I like the LKAS, and the ACC, especially on highway road trips. but that CMBS can be a pain city driving.

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the Honda Sense make your car stop like that? When I saw your video in the other thread, I thought you had a manual and stalled.
yes it did, it thought I was going to rear end the car I guess or the dip in the road fooled the camera and made it brake. That how the CMBS (collision mitigation brake system) works.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't you change the sensitivity of the sensing? I can't wait to install my intake no BOV though.

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't you change the sensitivity of the sensing? I can't wait to install my intake no BOV though.
You can change the distance from Long, Normal or Short but I dont think sensitivity is an option. If it thought I was going to rear end that car, it will forcibly apply the brakes.

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
yes it did, it thought I was going to rear end the car I guess or the dip in the road fooled the camera and made it brake. That how the CMBS (collision mitigation brake system) works.
If Honda Sensing makes your car stop like that, I'd be worried about getting rear-ended all the time in Atlanta!

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know right, good thing is, if I got rear ended its the driver fault that hit me for failure to maintain safe distance. Even if the guy tried to say I brake checked him, you could pull the data off the ECU to show the CMBS kicked in plus the dash cam footage
Sponsored