Edcalgarian

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Hey guys looking for some input on the aem intake for the SI. Anyone have it? Does it read bad fuel trims? I know people Will respond with get a prl cobra but I live in Canada where we have to relocate the washer reservoir which is a pita for me lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Edcalgarian

Edcalgarian

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Another option for you that doesn't include relocating the washer fluid tank is the 27won intake. I have it and love it!
I was looking at that one as well. It looks awesome but the exchange rate will kill me!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey guys looking for some input on the aem intake for the SI. Anyone have it? Does it read bad fuel trims? I know people Will respond with get a prl cobra but I live in Canada where we have to relocate the washer reservoir which is a pita for me lol
Hey Eddie,

Not too sure about AEM ourselves, haven't tried it. I've got the Mishimoto on my Blue Si, it's served me very well the last 3 years on street and track. Easy install, no relocating of the washer fluid reservoir, steady fuel trims and IAT's are a few degrees above ambient.

PRL Cobra will run a little cooler, but as you mentioned will involve more work. If you wanted to consider Mishimoto, we have them in stock :)

https://unity-performance.com/products/copy-of-mishimoto-performance-air-intake-1-5t-civic-non-si

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey Eddie,

Not too sure about AEM ourselves, haven't tried it. I've got the Mishimoto on my Blue Si, it's served me very well the last 3 years on street and track. Easy install, no relocating of the washer fluid reservoir, steady fuel trims and IAT's are a few degrees above ambient.

PRL Cobra will run a little cooler, but as you mentioned will involve more work. If you wanted to consider Mishimoto, we have them in stock :)

https://unity-performance.com/products/copy-of-mishimoto-performance-air-intake-1-5t-civic-non-si
+1 on the Mishimoto...love it. Easy install, easy cleaning.

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
I feel your pain as I'm Canadian as well. Check out this video.

You can go through the comments; fuel trims are fine.
I went with the K&N, which is 90% the same intake. I've never checked my fuel trims, but the car has ran like stock (knock on wood).

OP
OP
Edcalgarian

Edcalgarian

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Hey Eddie,

I was looking at the mishimoto also! Are you guys located in Canada? I'm trying to support more Canadian vendors!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I was looking at the mishimoto also! Are you guys located in Canada? I'm trying to support more Canadian vendors!
Yessir, we're just outside of Toronto ?

Site loads in USD because a larger majority of our customers are in USA, but you should either see the recommendation to change to CAD, or manually set to CAD from the top right menu.

No extra duties or hidden fees for folks either side of the border :)