Aegean Blue SI on Type R Wheels

RonDubSi

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
It rides a tad bit stiffer than the 19" wheels I originally had on the car. I was running Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 235/35/19

If you're asking how to rides compared to that factory 18" wheels and Eagle F1 summer tires that came with the car, them I'm not really sure. I only used those wheels to get home from the dealer lol

I never was a fan of OEM SI wheel.

20180424_204826.jpg
What offset are these?
Sponsored

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I'm also interested in where the wheels were bought. I have been wanting black wheels with a red pin stripe like the CTR, but there's really no good after market options yet.

Also, what fitment did you have to do or worry about?
Ze40 time attack edition . $1000 each ....

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Just picked up a new 2018 Civic SI.

After searching Hi and Low for a deal on a CTR, I just ended up pulling the trigger on this.

Aegean Blue was by far NOT my first color choice. Very bright color. I'd prefer Black or White. But the deal was too good to pass up.

So far I've tinted the windows and installed some CTR wheels.

20180420_204015.jpg
20180420_203944.jpg
20180424_093710.jpg
That looks very nice! Usually I’m not a fan of aftermarket rims, but this really good

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
That looks very nice! Usually I’m not a fan of aftermarket rims, but this really good
Not really aftermarket but they do look like it. I would definitely consider them if they were 19”
I’m still not sure why Honda made them 20”

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Not really aftermarket but they do look like it. I would definitely consider them if they were 19”
I’m still not sure why Honda made them 20”
Yeah, 19 is the sweet spot for the civic in my opinion. I love the Si rims, but if they were in the existing design and 19 inch, that would be perfect. They probably made the Type R 20 inch for the bling bling factor

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Yeah, 19 is the sweet spot for the civic in my opinion. They probably made them 20 inch for the bling bling factor
such a shame it’s a track car but they chose the wrong wheels and tires for it.
Reminds me of the hellcat. 707 hp with tiny 275 tires. Should be 305s at least to put all that power down

SiTurbo269

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The wheels were purchased from a local Type R owner who is now happily rolling on Volks. :thumbsup:

The adapters can get a bit tricky without doing a little research first. There is a lot of cheap crap from China being sold on eBay. You wanna stay away from those
"no name" Adapters by any means necessary. Unless you like having your wheels fly off the first time you go on a canyon run, sending you into a ditch.

The adapters I used are 100% Billet Made in the USA by USAdapters.com
The Bolt pattern you want is a 5X114.30 to a 5X120
Wheel hub Bore should be both 64.1 on the vehicle and wheels being used.
Backspacing/offset I went with was 19mm

You can probably go as far as maybe a 22mm or so but I wanted to keep it bit conservative in the event I lower my car or perhaps go with a larger tire in the future.

So far I have experienced, zero clearance issues, zero vibrations and no abnormal noises or hiccups while driving. The wheels look great and the grip from theses Continental Tires is unreal!
What size studs?.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would never get the Type R wheels for my Si. Not because I don't like the look of them but because the shitty streets of Montreal would destroy them!

They look great on your Si though!

Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Just picked up a new 2018 Civic SI.

After searching Hi and Low for a deal on a CTR, I just ended up pulling the trigger on this.

Aegean Blue was by far NOT my first color choice. Very bright color. I'd prefer Black or White. But the deal was too good to pass up.

So far I've tinted the windows and installed some CTR wheels.

20180420_204015.jpg
20180420_203944.jpg
20180424_093710.jpg
Looks great bro! Overall blue is the best color for this car imho. Hands down. I use to like the red but not this much

NavyFlip

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The wheels were purchased from a local Type R owner who is now happily rolling on Volks. :thumbsup:

The adapters can get a bit tricky without doing a little research first. There is a lot of cheap crap from China being sold on eBay. You wanna stay away from those
"no name" Adapters by any means necessary. Unless you like having your wheels fly off the first time you go on a canyon run, sending you into a ditch.

The adapters I used are 100% Billet Made in the USA by USAdapters.com
The Bolt pattern you want is a 5X114.30 to a 5X120
Wheel hub Bore should be both 64.1 on the vehicle and wheels being used.
Backspacing/offset I went with was 19mm

You can probably go as far as maybe a 22mm or so but I wanted to keep it bit conservative in the event I lower my car or perhaps go with a larger tire in the future.

So far I have experienced, zero clearance issues, zero vibrations and no abnormal noises or hiccups while driving. The wheels look great and the grip from theses Continental Tires is unreal!
Wondering if you end up grinding some of your wheel studs after installing the wheel adapters.