First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking into spray painting my Silver Trim pieces around my dash.. I don't want to use those cheap stick on accessories that are overpriced from Honda. I'm looking for the closest match to my exterior color Aegean Blue spray paint i can get - fairly sure Honda doesn't sell their paint in cans more than the touch up paint. Does anyone have any experience with which brand / paint color / type is the closest match?
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i ended up buying a kit from www.paintscratch.com , whole kit ran about $100 , includes adhesion promoter, base, color, and clear coat cans too... but i got 2 of the paint cans for my color instead of some of the other things they wanted to add on. This project has turned out quite well - heres some pictures

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200530_100237
Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200601_184326
Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200601_181922
Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200528_081910

I was toying around with the idea of using the older Silver trim as my trim is the new sport hexagon shape solid black one.. however i decided to go with the sport hatchback touring panels with my paint to match trim pieces.. other than a slightly amatuerish clear coat, i cant ask for a closer paint match. I actually impressed myself with that spray paint job.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great! Any finished product pics, with the pieces installed? Also, how's it holding up?

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nothing yet, the project is still a few weeks away, gotta touch up the gauge panel cover and paint the steering wheel / and shifter assembly pieces as well.. then comes the fun part of tearing apart most of the interior to not only replace all of these pieces, but also to install my Type R shifter and acuity stage 2 upgrades

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
i ended up buying a kit from www.paintscratch.com , whole kit ran about $100 , includes adhesion promoter, base, color, and clear coat cans too... but i got 2 of the paint cans for my color instead of some of the other things they wanted to add on. This project has turned out quite well - heres some pictures

IMG_20200530_100237.jpg
IMG_20200601_184326.jpg
IMG_20200601_181922.jpg
IMG_20200528_081910.jpg

I was toying around with the idea of using the older Silver trim as my trim is the new sport hexagon shape solid black one.. however i decided to go with the sport hatchback touring panels with my paint to match trim pieces.. other than a slightly amatuerish clear coat, i cant ask for a closer paint match. I actually impressed myself with that spray paint job.
Paintscratch.com is the best for color matching imo. I've had great luck with them over the years. I recently painted a spoiler and front lip that matched my Cosmic Blue perfectly. Not always easy to do with a metallic paint.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
letting the pieces dry more before i start buffing them with some rubbing compound to smooth em out and shine em up - last two pictures show the difference between not doing it, relying on the clear coat alone, and spending about 10 minutes or so with the rubbing compound and some elbow greese

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200530_164033

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200601_152626

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200615_161513

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200617_094510

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200617_094556

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200617_135156

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200618_125120

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200618_125124

7uty56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I hate to ask, but do you have the part numbers for the parts around the shifter?

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
those i do not, i just bought a used one from Ebay - it had all of the parts i needed, ended up getting lucky with a SUPER cheap one for like 16 bucks including shipping, i used that one as a test bed for painting technique and practice.. that's the last 2 pictures where I'm trying things on before trying them on parts I'm going to actually use.... i think the whole set is about 60-70 dollars for the manual, but it includes most of the parts you'll need including a boot.... the big problem i had was people don't always know how to disassemble these cars so a lot of times you will get scratches on areas that are annoying to fix. I had to bondo up my gauge cluster cover here in 2 areas on the bottom left. was hoping the base coat would kinda .. fill in the gap.. i was wrong

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200531_083044

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200610_142717

7uty56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
those i do not, i just bought a used one from Ebay - it had all of the parts i needed, ended up getting lucky with a SUPER cheap one for like 16 bucks including shipping, i used that one as a test bed for painting technique and practice.. that's the last 2 pictures where I'm trying things on before trying them on parts I'm going to actually use.... i think the whole set is about 60-70 dollars for the manual, but it includes most of the parts you'll need including a boot.... the big problem i had was people don't always know how to disassemble these cars so a lot of times you will get scratches on areas that are annoying to fix. I had to bondo up my gauge cluster cover here in 2 areas on the bottom left. was hoping the base coat would kinda .. fill in the gap.. i was wrong

IMG_20200531_083044.jpg

IMG_20200610_142717.jpg
Oh wow, thank you. I have a CVT as well and messed up the paint job. Gotta get new pieces

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea i decided to buy all of the pieces i could extra, paint them all and have them ready to go... i Knew it would be a week or two long process which i was massively underestimated... sure i could knock it out in a week but i like to take my time on things like this.. its a learning process as i have never painted car paint to this level before, so far the results i'm getting is WAY better than i originaly had hoped and im learning along the way..... id rather paint everything, then tear down the car and swap them all out at once - and while im at it, do my 2020 CTR w/ acuity stage 2 upgrades since im halfway there, then when the install is done ill be selling off the parts i didnt use, or keep them just in case i sell the car, ill have the good parts for the next owner to do things with if they want. - we'll see where life takes me.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same trouble trying to find part numbers for them.. then it occurred to me to check the used / junkyard market for the parts and found a few.. which part of yours did u mess up with 7uty56? I'm looking at some of these parts, all Upper dash have part numbers, the little wing bits around the parking brake and eco / sport button do not, they don't have any markings other than the fact they are Honda and ABS plastic. The part that goes around the shifter itself does on both auto and manual. i can list the ones i have if you'd like.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Decided to do a little mock up of the shifter boot - the boot is in better shape than i thought, now that i look at it, and it'll look better with the red stitching against my OEM Si replacement knob. id rather it be silver but hey.. its a tad harder to change red stitching to silver than to a darker color.

I really hope i don't get a "superman" vibe to this build. Im still 50/50 on the red interior accents and would like to change out the cluster with a blue one and the ambient lighting from the roof to blue too, just not sure if i should just accept that I'm a part of the dark side and stay red or not.

I do also have a matte black acuity shift boot adapter i forgot to put on there when i took these pictures.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200628_105941

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200628_105952

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my 2020 Type R shifter with Stage 2 Acuity upgrade, and while i had the AC panel out.. i swapped over the trim.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200629_172711

Honda Civic 10th gen Aegean Blue Interior Spray paint match IMG_20200629_173551