Grizzly101

First Name
Savannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hey y’all. I just recently joined this... anyways to the point. I drive the 2018 Honda Civic SI and I want advise on upgrades. I want my 0-60 to be upgraded by a second. I’m not expecting to go to far into upgrades because this is my daily and I want her to last a while. I have nothing done to it so far because I haven’t owned it over a month. I don’t want to spend an ass load of money but I will spend a decent amount if I feel the upgrade is worth it.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Even if you increase the WHP significantly, your not going to see your 0 to 60 times going up very much. The reason is it's a fwd platform, and it's light, so the power has to be delivered in a way that doesn't spin your wheels and cause excessive torque steer. Plus fuel cutoff happens pretty quickly in 1st and 2nd gears. I drove a Type R recently (you can see my thread on this) and it is not best off the line, but becomes a beast between 3000 and 7000 RPM. Tuning is going to get you good 30 to 100 mph times.

You can see @kshawn 's thread on his build, even with a built block and bigger turbo, if the power is not controlled you will eat thru tires (or end up in a ditch) faster then going 0 to 60

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Which would be better? Ktuner or hondata?
Both will do the job reliably, my experience is with Ktuner and TSP's Stage 1 tune. Both excellent products with excellent support

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Tune, and tires. Sticky performance tires. Improving your 60ft will go a longer way to reduce your 0-60 than adding a ton of power
Sponsored