Advice wanted on dealing with insurance on an accident that caused "repairable" frame damage

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Long story short, my parked SI was hit in a parking lot. The other driver hit my back bumper at a sharp angle with a SUV carrying a lot of momentum. Fortunately the driver left their insurance information. The body shop that I have taken my car to has told me that there is frame damage but not enough that the insurance company will want to total it. The body shop says they will repair it to the best of their ability. I bought this car new and have not completed payments on the car.

I am in California and I have requested diminished value but the insurance company's attorney has declined my claim.

Do I have any recourse or am I just screwed?
Sponsored

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
If you trust the shop and the work they do than the frame damage will most likely be repaired well within spec and wont cause any issues down the road. I'm in the collision industry, I buy, fix and sell totals from auction on a dealer lot professionally. as long as the shop is equipped to do a proper measurement and pull of the frame than you have nothing to worry about.
As for diminished value, you are getting screwed, i see it all too often..

OP
OP
herox

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
If you trust the shop and the work they do than the frame damage will most likely be repaired well within spec and wont cause any issues down the road. I'm in the collision industry, I buy, fix and sell totals from auction on a dealer lot professionally. as long as the shop is equipped to do a proper measurement and pull of the frame than you have nothing to worry about.
As for diminished value, you are getting screwed, i see it all too often..
I trust the shop and they will get it as close to factory spec as possible.

Thank you, this situation sucks but I'll live with it.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Long story short, my parked SI was hit in a parking lot. The other driver hit my back bumper at a sharp angle with a SUV carrying a lot of momentum. Fortunately the driver left their insurance information. The body shop that I have taken my car to has told me that there is frame damage but not enough that the insurance company will want to total it. The body shop says they will repair it to the best of their ability. I bought this car new and have not completed payments on the car.

I am in California and I have requested diminished value but the insurance company's attorney has declined my claim.

Do I have any recourse or am I just screwed?
Of course the lawyer will decline that. Keep in mind that the accident will show up on your carfax's record so the next buyer will see it and use it to low-ball you, no matter how well the repair had been done. It is sucked, I know.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
the only alternative would be to go to court with the insurance company.is it the other drivers company or yours?

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
You're not going to come ahead ever.

Insurance is for making money.

Regulations usually back up companies.

We get to pay, if you can't pay, you can make payments at criminally compounded interest rates.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Do you have the coverage in your insurance that covers you for the entire cost of your new vehicle should it be written off? If so, that same coverage applies to diminished value from what I have seen and heard.

I live in Canada so maybe the laws are more on our side here. Hope you get what you are looking for.
Sponsored