Advice please: ktuner v1.2/2 or Hondata

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From personal experience, Ktuner for 1.5T Civics and Flashpro for the CTR. Even on canned (OTS) tunes, Ktuner feel punchier than OTS FP calibrations on a 1.5T Civic. But on the CTR, it's the other way around but that's unrelated to this topic.
Sponsored

GlahdoSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hondata is very good. No question.

KTuner is just a bit better.

I've used both. Have you?
What makes it “better” everyone keeps talking about on the fly switching but I’m getting a custom tune why would I want to have on the fly map change. I’m just curious why everyone thinks it’s “better” I know that you can get the Ktuner with no digital display for 400$ is that the reason why most people go Ktuner?

aaron.fc3

First Name
Aaron Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I am looking into buying a tuner for my 18 si coupe, but am unsure of either to buy the ktuner or hondata. What are some advantages from one tuner over the other? Also is there any difference between ktuner v1.2 and v2 other than you get a little screen?
Please tell me what you know!
I am currently selling my Ktuner V2. It comes with tsp Stage 1 and 2. PM me if you’re interested.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What makes it “better” everyone keeps talking about on the fly switching but I’m getting a custom tune why would I want to have on the fly map change. I’m just curious why everyone thinks it’s “better” I know that you can get the Ktuner with no digital display for 400$ is that the reason why most people go Ktuner?
No, it's not just the on the fly map switching, which by the way, a custom tune can take advantage of as well. But it is a useful feature. For example, we all know we are pushing our drivetrains, so having a low power "valet" tune, and a somewhat more potent "commuter tune" along with the full power tune gives a lot of flexibility and potentially less wear and tear. But, some people may say , "I only want the full power tune". I get it.

To me, the big difference, is in the quick adjustments. Sure Hondata has "mods" for throttle and spooling but they are like on off switches. The KTuner adjustments allow an incredible amount of customization to change the car's driveability.

So not only do you have easy adjustments for overall throttle response and spooling, but adjustments for part throttle turbo responsiveness and boost ramp, too. Each with varying degrees of impact with multiple level choices. You can easily make the car a monster off the line or keep it closer to factory with a few key presses.

On Hondata, sure, you can go into the boost table (KTuner too) and adjust your boost levels. But not everyone wants to do that. With Ktuner, you also have a simple dropdown to choose your target psi.

You can store 5 tunes versus Hondata's 2 on the unit itself. Obviously the KTuner V2 is the only unit with a touchscreen and I love not needing a laptop in the car and it doubles as a real time monitor for parameters you choose without needing an app.

Look, ultimately they basically do the same thing but for the average or newer user, KTuner is probably more user friendly. I think for the tuning pro, Hondata may give more behind the scenes access.

The bottom line is, both are good products.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I am looking into buying a tuner for my 18 si coupe, but am unsure of either to buy the ktuner or hondata. What are some advantages from one tuner over the other? Also is there any difference between ktuner v1.2 and v2 other than you get a little screen?
Please tell me what you know!
Personally I don't have a tune on my car yet, but one of my close friends on here had both. Both tuners are great but from what we could compare, Hondata was just a tad better. Ktuner is and aggressive tune, just shuts the wastegate and goes. Hondata on the other hand is less powerful in low gears and gets more aggressive as you row. Ultimately the choice is up to you, good luck homie :headbang:
Sponsored