Advice on selling my '19 SI Sedan in white.

adammm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone.

Just wanted some advice/thoughts from the community before I part ways with the car.
She has been great to me, but I never drive her. I work too much (drive a company HD2500) to have a car this nice just sitting on the street. No garage or else I'd keep her.
She has 3500 miles, and I add about 50 a week.
She would have less miles but I went on a few 400 mile round-trip drives for fun.
She is a CPO from Honda.
I've added all the acuity parts, a stage 1 intake from PRL, and a too loud for me MAP street exhaust.

What does everyone think is a good asking price?
Should I sell to Carvana/CarMax/etc?
Should I just list it on Autotrader and wait?

Thank you!
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hi everyone.

Just wanted some advice/thoughts from the community before I part ways with the car.
She has been great to me, but I never drive her. I work too much (drive a company HD2500) to have a car this nice just sitting on the street. No garage or else I'd keep her.
She has 3500 miles, and I add about 50 a week.
She would have less miles but I went on a few 400 mile round-trip drives for fun.
She is a CPO from Honda.
I've added all the acuity parts, a stage 1 intake from PRL, and a too loud for me MAP street exhaust.

What does everyone think is a good asking price?
Should I sell to Carvana/CarMax/etc?
Should I just list it on Autotrader and wait?

Thank you!
If you are serious about selling, you should first flash it back to stock, and if possible, replace the stock intake and if you still have the stock exhaust, replace it. If it's not to hard, I would pull the Acuity parts and replace any stock parts. Here is the reason:

You will not gain any value on the parts you installed and they will actually devalue your car (only an enthusiast would even appreciate aftermarket parts)
You will be able to sale your aftermarket parts and get some of your money back

On the first part I mentioned, most people don't want to buy a car that has been modified. They will have questions on quality, have they been installed professionally, how will they affect warranty etc. If you go on Carvana to get a quote, they ask you if you have any aftermarket parts, and will value your car less if you do. When I sold my Si, I got a little less because I had a performance exhaust ( I sold it privately).

On the second part, I didn't have many mods (Ktuner, Acuity shifter upgrade, WeatherTech wind deflectors), but what I had I was able to sale on this forum and get back at least 70 percent of what I spent

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
ID be interested in the PRL. Philly area

OP
OP
adammm

adammm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No tune installed.
Stock intake is easy to reinstall.
Sadly my stock exhaust was stolen from my back porch shortly after I installed the MAP exhaust so I'm screwed on that one.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with everyone as far as returning it to stock. You’ll get more money in total that way and appeal to a broader market. Even people that mod would rather do it themselves and it can make people think it’s been abused.

You’ll get the most money by private sell as you know. But, private sell is best for cars up to 10k at most as lots of cash buyers. Over that and most people will need to get a loan and generally, banks like car loans on dealer bought cars. I would carmax it and just shop it around while you have it advertised and see what you get. Sometimes a small financial loss is much better than all the hassle and your time of messing with it.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Guess you’re not too interested in selling anything

rawmar

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Mazda Miata Club
Country flag
These cars hold their value really well. I wouldn't even sell it. But if I did sell, I would do private party.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I sold my 2018 Si Sedan with 17k for $19,800 to a private party. I could have gotten $20 if not for my aftermarket performance exhaust, which I had modified to quiet it down LOL. Never throw away or give away or sell your stock parts

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Carvana tends to offer a little more money than Carmax. You might also check with the dealer you bought from as they could be interested.
Are you looking for top dollar? The endless tire kickers? the guys who say they will come and meet you and see the car and never show? The joy ride seekers? The ones who still have to ask their wives/parents for permission? The ones who want to buy but don't have their finances together? Selling a car can be a real PITA. On top of that, is the potential need to work with you if there is a lien on the car and the extra steps /trust to make sure that it is paid off and the title be sent to the correct person. .

OP
OP
adammm

adammm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the advice guys.
I'm slowly working to get her back to stock.
Exhaust swap this weekend and more parts to come off later.
My stepdad has graciously offered to clear out a space in his garage so she can stay out of the elements all winter.
I will probably just put an ad up on Autotrader and wait.
Carvana offered 18000 for the car when I did their online value assessment. I may have screwed something up, but that seems low.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
A 2019 with 3500 miles? I went to www.kbb.com and plugged in 15685(SW PA) zip code and it says the private party value is 23.5k! If you place your car w/pics on Craigslist it will sell very fast. If someone tries to lowball you just inform them you have A LOT of people calling/texting you and they are willing to pay more. I don't know how much you paid for it(nobody needs to know) I'm thinking since most people pay around 25k for a brand new Si I'd ask between 21-22K. It will sell unless the economy in your area is on a downturn. Here in Vegas it would sell for 22-23K within 7 days and that's only because they'd have to get their financing in order. Good luck!

OP
OP
adammm

adammm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the advice!
I'm gonna go the Craigslist/Autotrader route and see what happens.

jweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan
Country flag
I just requested a Carvana offer on my '17 white sedan with 17,250 miles and they offered $19,600, so you offer does seem low. Mine is stock with no accidents.

OP
OP
adammm

adammm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I definitely messed up with the first quote.
They offered 20,100 this time.
I'm not in a rush to get rid of her.
I think I'm gonna try to sell private party or take her to my Honda garage and see what they offer.
She has a CPO warranty so I gotta figure out if that transfers.
Sponsored