First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My dash plastic screen (on top of steering wheel with speedometer and tach) has been getting a little dusty lately and want to clean it but I have seen horror stories with these cars as well as other brands about using the wrong cleaner and getting permanent spots or bubbles on the plastic. How can I safely clean this plastic screen? Thanks!!
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
One area I always seem to neglect. I'm going to use Stoner glass cleaner tomorrow on it and see. You could probably use isopropyl alcohol like a 50/50 mixture.

Id wait for someone who has more experience cleaning it because I don't want to tell you wrong cleaner. I can't imagine those two doing damage though.

Or you could just use glasses or LCD microfiber and damp it with a little water. That's how I clean my gaming handhelds.

Last edited:

Proxkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
It easily scratches so be careful and don’t put force, stoners invisible glass is good, I know Amazon has screen protectors if you wanna go that route. I just use a new and clean lens cloth and some stoners. I’ve used an all purpose interior cleaner with no issues but it’s a very mild cleaner

use the wet cloth, dry cloth method so you don’t leave streaks

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Just like you I have always been worried about cleaning that. Its made of clear plastic. The problem is that some of that "dust" may contain sand or things that can scratch it. Maybe brush off the dust first with a non abrasive brush, then nothing but a microfiber cloth to clean the surface.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don't use any chemicals. I've had my share of horrific oopsies while using chemicals or putting too much pressure on past vehicles.

I have a super plush meguiers microfiber towel. I just go in there with it dry and carefully do a few swipes and thats it. I'm ginger with it. It gets dusty the very next day. So i'm like whatever. Same goes for infotainment and any of the other shiny/black plastics inside.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Super plush now that sounds pretty damn plush.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's just a really soft and thick microfiber towels. Not the usual thin ones. I keep it in my glovebox for quick wipe downs for the interior.

I got mine from walmart. However, you can get them on amazon too. Just look up ultra or super plush microfiber towels.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's just a really soft and thick microfiber towels. Not the usual thin ones. I keep it in my glovebox for quick wipe downs for the interior.

I got mine from walmart. However, you can get them on amazon too. Just look up ultra or super plush microfiber towels.
Ah yea mine are all thin but put them through plenty of use. I even use them to blow my nose into. Of course wash them regularly.

Sounds like it would be good to have one of yours in glove box. I'll look into next time at store.

Here in Texas and most of USA you could market it as multicleaning glove box ultra plush microfiber towel. Clean your interior or polish your gun.
Sponsored

Last edited: