Advice: Buying Hatchback selling/trading in 2.0L LX

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
Need advice!

Toying around with the idea of buying a used 2017 Hatchback manual and selling / trading in my 2016 2.0LX Manual.

Description/Add ons:
2016 LX 2.0L Manual Civic - 29,000 Miles
-AEM Cold air intake
-Invidia N1 exhaust system
-18" Neoz Black wheels
-Tinted Windows

1) How much do you think I can sell this bad boy for?

2) For selling, what do you recommend is the best way to go about it? I feel like going to car max or any of those places that buy then sell cars are going to be a huge rip off.. Think craigslist I could get a lot for my car.

3) Buying a used 2017 hatchback manual. Craigslists? Dealership and get CPO? Car Max?
Sponsored

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@cheng115 I ran your car through KBB and it's worth around $14,000, so expect anywhere from $13,000-$14,000 from Craigslist, $10,000-$12,000 from a dealership? Some people don't like to buy modified cars so I would return as much of it to stock if I were you. You can keep the extras and sell them with the car if the new owner is about that life.

Your easiest route would be to trade it in for the hatch and tack the difference onto your existing loan. the dealer won't give you as much as a private party would but dealerships love trade-ins.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...and search between things like Edmunds, Truecar and KBB. Whatever has the highest number for trade print that (and only that) out and take it in there. Anything that's offered less... show them that paper and demand 'not a penny less'. If they offer more than the sheet of paper... keep it to yourself. That has happened to me a few times....

A trade is less than a private party sale but, if sales tax is high in your state it can make a big difference. If you're buying a $25k car and have a $15k trade... you only pay sales tax on $10k. For not paying 6% tax on $15k (as an example) saves $900.

Go back to stock where you can and sell the parts or put them on the new car if staying Civic. Those parts will not raise the value of your car in any appreciable way.

OP
OP
cheng115

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
@cheng115 I ran your car through KBB and it's worth around $14,000, so expect anywhere from $13,000-$14,000 from Craigslist, $10,000-$12,000 from a dealership? Some people don't like to buy modified cars so I would return as much of it to stock if I were you. You can keep the extras and sell them with the car if the new owner is about that life.

Your easiest route would be to trade it in for the hatch and tack the difference onto your existing loan. the dealer won't give you as much as a private party would but dealerships love trade-ins.
Awesome, thanks for the advice. This helps a lot
Sponsored