First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys so I wanted some help. I’m newish to tuning and this platform and I wanted to know what you guys knew about these advanced VSA options.

I reached out to Phearable and they sent me this: Refer to the Ktuner help documents for details. http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/advanced_vsa_control_strategy.htm

I honestly don’t know exactly what it means but it sounds like it helps a lot and i should be using it. Anyone know if there are like certain setting or anything I should know before enabling? Thanks guys??
(What I’m talking about is show in the images attached)

Honda Civic 10th gen Advanced VSA on Phearable tune! 49573978-D8E4-4CDE-A41B-BC2F0A9F2208

Honda Civic 10th gen Advanced VSA on Phearable tune! 47D69803-86B5-4AF7-964D-A26F7ED2D4E4

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the least aggressive advanced VSA setting? Ive tried them and find the throttle cutback/ retard still too much. Even if I turn the tcs "off" with the button it cuts back. I find myself just disabling it because it pulls too much.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been happy using the lightest setting. Also if you drive aggressively and use the most aggressive AVSA settings, (long term) there is potential for cat damage.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How does this vary from doing the pedal dance?
Pedal dance disables VSA, advanced VSA uses ignition pullback rather than throttle pullback as per the factory control. It's still VSA on.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They are two different systems. The stock VSA mostly works by pulling back throttle under traction loss. The pedal dance fully disables that.

KTuner's Advanced VSA is designed to mostly pull back timing which tends to work to maintain power better. Both systems kind of work together.

If you use the most aggressive VSA setting, and your tires are crap, and you are often losing traction, the cat can potentially be damaged. The timing pullback may cause unburned fuel to get to the cat and that high heat can kill it.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
So which ones better if you're gonna drag race or autocross. Advanced vsa, or pedal dance?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So which ones better if you're gonna drag race or autocross. Advanced vsa, or pedal dance?
With over 320tq even advanced VSA kicks in too easy for me. I'd pedal dance if you're getting serious. Also I've gone into limp mode from sliding around corners with VSA on. With pedal dance I've actually spun out and didn't go limp mode.
Sponsored