IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone, I got a 2018 Civic Si and I'll be upgrading my transmission soon to the PPG gearset (1st - 4th) The only issue I've heard is that the speedometer will read incorrectly. I want to fix this so I have an accurate speedometer and also so my odometer doesn't get knocked too off the true value.
Sponsored

Last edited:

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
For those who saw this, I figured it out! Feel free to message here if you need the solution to recalibrating the speedometer on the stock ECU
What did you do?

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So sorry for the late reply, I'm not on the forums too often, but let me make a quick write up on what I did. Keep in mind it requires a bit of DIY work and if you're not too comfortable cutting into the factory wiring harness, I would seek help someone who is comfortable with wiring.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So for the solution, I was working with Eman on getting this out. All the PPG kits he installed were on MoTec ECU's so he never really had to deal with stock ECU adjustments until he got the PPG kit installed on my car.

I was able to look into correcting the speedometer and figured out the proper wiring and settings, and Eman right now is working on a plug and play (PNP) solution right now. For those who want the easy route, go ahead and buy his PNP kit. For those who would like to get the solution going on their own, feel free to let me know if you still want me to provide how I got it wired up. I won't be able to provide a too in depth solution since it seems the easiest way to go about this is to get his PNP kit, which doesn't require cutting into the factory harness.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@IvanJonn

I would still like to know vaguely what you did. Was it one of those speedo correction boxes or more involved?

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello, okay yeah I can provide a small overview of what I did. I won't be able to do it now since I'm busy but maybe I'll just make a short video of what I did.

You only need one of the boxes, which I linked in the original post.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Very interested in the cheap way lmao I’ll be keeping an eye on this one we struggling out here man ? thanks for tagging @TiltCtrls
Hahaha the OCD in me did not want to deal with an inaccurate speedometer which was affecting my MPG estimates and odometer. I'm glad I figured it out right out the door when I got my kit installed.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone, so sorry this video is late, I get really busy but I found time to quickly film a quick mini guide on the proper wiring.

A quick disclaimer I also mentioned in the video, this is by no means a step by step "how to" on getting the speedometer corrected. It is merely informational in the aspect that I show the proper wiring connections and where to tap so you can get the speed signal converted. All cable/wire management and source of materials will be up to the DIY'er. I will note one thing that I forgot to mention, the best and only way you should get power to the converter box is through a low profile fuse tap. I am directly wired to my battery as a temporary jig as seen in the video, but in any other case this shouldn't be done.

If anyone has any further questions the video doesn't answer, I am open to answering any of those. Sorry and thank you again everyone for your patience!

Please see the link below for the video guide:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/edboQYQJEHBVk9qD6
Thank you king :bow:

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Thank you king :bow:

I just did it today on mine. I was getting a weird oscillation issue at certain rpms.. it seems to be gone now. I don't know.

I put mine inside my car and ran the power from the fuse box using a fuse tap from AutoZone. I ran three cables out, Ground, the signal in and signal out. I ran the cables right next to my sub amp cable through the firewall plug by the gas pedal etc.

I taped everything back up and did it clean. I had to use 1.86 for my percentage to get locked in properly.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just did it today on mine. I was getting a weird oscillation issue at certain rpms.. it seems to be gone now. I don't know.

I put mine inside my car and ran the power from the fuse box using a fuse tap from AutoZone. I ran three cables out, Ground, the signal in and signal out. I ran the cables right next to my sub amp cable through the firewall plug by the gas pedal etc.

I taped everything back up and did it clean. I had to use 1.86 for my percentage to get locked in properly.
I would double check the connections especially at the cutting points. I don't have any issues at the moment so it's all in how it was wired up. And yes each person will have their own different setting to be as accurate as possible. Luckily the app has a built in speed GPS to help calibrate it.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey everyone, I got a 2018 Civic Si and I'll be upgrading my transmission soon to the PPG gearset (1st - 4th) The only issue I've heard is that the speedometer will read incorrectly. I want to fix this so I have an accurate speedometer and also so my odometer doesn't get knocked too off the true value.
link gone. mind to share?
Sponsored