Adjusting/Aiming Low Beam Headlight?

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Does this headlight adjusting apply to LED headlights as well? I thought it was just a plug & play kinda thing.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Does this headlight adjusting apply to LED headlights as well? I thought it was just a plug & play kinda thing.
Yes all headlights should have this adjustment

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yes all headlights should have this adjustment
How do I make sure my adjustment is correct? I just put in my cougar motor LED lights in my car, it always seemed like the light output was quite weak but i just thought it was the bulb itself and not the adustment.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How do I make sure my adjustment is correct? I just put in my cougar motor LED lights in my car, it always seemed like the light output was quite weak but i just thought it was the bulb itself and not the adustment.
I parked my car on a flat surface, facing a wall about 8 ft away. Then turn your lights on. Then measure the height from the ground to center of headlight. Then make adjustments to make brightest spot on the wall level to the headlights. Make sure you level the left headlight to the right headlight as well. This worked for me

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I parked my car on a flat surface, facing a wall about 8 ft away. Then turn your lights on. Then measure the height from the ground to center of headlight. Then make adjustments to make brightest spot on the wall level to the headlights. Make sure you level the left headlight to the right headlight as well. This worked for me
How exactly do you readjust the bulb since I thought it fits flush into the housing

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How exactly do you readjust the bulb since I thought it fits flush into the housing
The bulb locks in like normal. You are actually adjusting the aim of the housing.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The bulb locks in like normal. You are actually adjusting the aim of the housing.
What exactly do you mean by adjusting the housing? Like keep take out the led bulb and insert it back into the housing again? im a car noob :wave:

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
What exactly do you mean by adjusting the housing? Like keep take out the led bulb and insert it back into the housing again? im a car noob :wave:
There's a screw you can turn to adjust it. But if you over turn it, it will break.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
ohhhhh did you have to adjust your led light too?
no, i have used led and now hid, both dont need adjustment, at least that's what i thought. my car's headlight aim just right under the trunk lid of the car in front or bumper if it's a SUV.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
no, i have used led and now hid, both dont need adjustment, at least that's what i thought. my car's headlight aim just right under the trunk lid of the car in front or bumper if it's a SUV.
Im gonna take a look at my car rn. I think what concerns me is the light output not being bright enough

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's a screw you can turn to adjust it. But if you over turn it, it will break.
I am referring to the headlight assembly. The bulb doesn’t move. The screw make the whole headlight aim up or down. So once you install the bulb you don’t mess with the bulb anymore. The screw is just for aiming the headlight assembly.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I am referring to the headlight assembly. The bulb doesn’t move. The screw make the whole headlight aim up or down. So once you install the bulb you don’t mess with the bulb anymore. The screw is just for aiming the headlight assembly.
gotcha thanks!
Sponsored