Adding volume and fan speed knobs to ‘18 FK8

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had a 2019, and that looks completely different from stock. what happened to you dual zone climate control? Here's a pic of mine old R.
I think you have to sacrifice the dual climate feature. You get everything else but the two zones.

Otherwise, as someone mentioned, trying to repin the stock ‘19 screen so that the up and down buttons work for the fan. This will look oem on the surface, but likely be anything but, behind.
Sponsored

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
I had a 2019, and that looks completely different from stock. what happened to you dual zone climate control? Here's a pic of mine old R.

IMG_1065.JPG
when you switch to the 17 climate control you lose the dual zone feature. unless you make sure to hit the sync button before you install the 17" unit from a youtube video i watched...dunno if thats completely true because well its the internets lol

OP
OP
wallyinc

wallyinc

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R , S2000 Powered ‘72 BMW 2002
Country flag
when you switch to the 17 climate control you lose the dual zone feature. unless you make sure to hit the sync button before you install the 17" unit from a youtube video i watched...dunno if thats completely true because well its the internets lol

I used this thread to guide me through the swap.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/swapped-out-the-climate-controls.23252/

I can also confirm that you must hit the "sync" button on the old unit before swapping, if not it will only control the driver side temperature. I installed the first time 'round w/o doing this, but luckily I hadn't snapped the unit or the trim pieces back into place yet, a quick fix.

Here are some shots of the ebay unit i purchased. it was listed as"

" A322-14 OEM 2016 2017 HONDA CIVIC A/C HEAT CLIMATE TEMP CONTROL w/WARRANTY! "

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding volume and fan speed knobs to ‘18 FK8 s-l1600

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding volume and fan speed knobs to ‘18 FK8 s-lj1600

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding volume and fan speed knobs to ‘18 FK8 s-l160l0

mikeb0916

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R, 2016 S/C MX-5, 2002 Coupe Cambiocorsa
Country flag
I also swapped my ac controls to gain a fan control knob (never had use for dual zone in any car that I've owned with it). The part number for the one I purchased is: 79600-TGG-A110-M1

For people out there who are super ocd, TGG trim color (deep black) matches the rest of the trim in the type r, while TBA is a few shades lighter (grand bonheur silver). I'm not sure how noticeable the color difference is in person, probably not much without direct light shining on it... just food for thought if you're spending money on it.

Here is a picture of the one I purchased:

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding volume and fan speed knobs to ‘18 FK8 s-l1600

jgoods90

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2007 GPW S2000 (sold)
Country flag
I also swapped my ac controls to gain a fan control knob (never had use for dual zone in any car that I've owned with it). The part number for the one I purchased is: 79600-TGG-A110-M1

For people out there who are super ocd, TGG trim color (deep black) matches the rest of the trim in the type r, while TBA is a few shades lighter (grand bonheur silver). I'm not sure how noticeable the color difference is in person, probably not much without direct light shining on it... just food for thought if you're spending money on it.

Here is a picture of the one I purchased:

s-l1600.jpg
check your DM

Puma

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just swapped out my infotainment screen to that of a ‘19 model, and climate controls to that from a ‘17 model. I know many have chimed in their two cents about this (whether it’s necessary or not), but I just wanted to let others know that the swap does work. Here is a quick video of the new controls, everything functions well and I’m even happier with my car now.

01EFD955-9C14-4488-9F97-5D4C411732BC.jpeg

E8F42EAA-4B1C-4BD4-9258-50A378D7AEBB.jpeg

OP, that screen must not be out of a 19 Type-R. It must be from a lower model civic that doesn’t come with Nav, is my guess. The Type-R comes with the 5 button screen, not the 4 button. I’ll add a pic of mine, you can see the additional ‘Map’ button on it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding volume and fan speed knobs to ‘18 FK8 88C75482-BA30-42EA-995C-5934D11B1F85

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I was in a 2019 CTR this weekend and OP definitely has the wrong unit in this thread. No Map button is a dead giveaway, but outside of that, it is probably the same.

Puma

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was in a 2019 CTR this weekend and OP definitely has the wrong unit in this thread. No Map button is a dead giveaway, but outside of that, it is probably the same.
right, I’m sure everything else is probably the same. Sucks to not have Nav tho, esp when you pay this much for a car. Unless you just use Waze with the Apple CarPlay...

Either way, good job with the swap on the two units! I’ve been debating doing to climate control swap for a while.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
right, I’m sure everything else is probably the same. Sucks to not have Nav tho, esp when you pay this much for a car. Unless you just use Waze with the Apple CarPlay...

Either way, good job with the swap on the two units! I’ve been debating doing to climate control swap for a while.
I think he still has nav in there if you watch the video.

OP
OP
wallyinc

wallyinc

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R , S2000 Powered ‘72 BMW 2002
Country flag
OP, that screen must not be out of a 19 Type-R. It must be from a lower model civic that doesn’t come with Nav, is my guess. The Type-R comes with the 5 button screen, not the 4 button. I’ll add a pic of mine, you can see the additional ‘Map’ button on it.

88C75482-BA30-42EA-995C-5934D11B1F85.jpeg

Correct @Puma ! It's from a car w/o NAV, not sure exactly which model.

To be completely honest, I didn't really notice the lack of a "map" button at the time of purchase on ebay, but the price was right, a bit more than 100dollars, so I jumped at it.

I can access the "maps" option through the on- screen menu.

Puma

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Correct @Puma ! It's from a car w/o NAV, not sure exactly which model.

To be completely honest, I didn't really notice the lack of a "map" button at the time of purchase on ebay, but the price was right, a bit more than 100dollars, so I jumped at it.

I can access the "maps" option through the on- screen menu.
That’s an awesome price! And being able to still have access, just through the menu is a small small trade off. I’d say money well spent on your part!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
who the hell actually uses the trash built in map app?
I like how it integrates into the dash/gauges. I haven’t really used it often though. It’s a good backup if my iPhone doesn’t work for whatever reason.

DylanAbbott

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Has anyone else done this in a 2016-17 civic? I wonder how similar the 2016-17 is to the 2018, because if the 2019 knob screen works on the 2018, I would hope it would also work on the 2016.

tatgor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, S2000
Country flag
Do you lose the ability to change the EQ setting? I don't see a menu button for it. I saw the 2019 model has the menu moved onto the screen at the top left corner.
Sponsored