Adding (not replacing) an aftermarket head unit.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Glad to see some innovation in terms of sound for our cars. One day we'll have a Maestro RR2 that'll allow us to retain our climate controls and oem settings on the radio and until its cool to see what some people do haha.
Sponsored

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
you could change out your A/C controls for the LX model like i did, and get your fan control back. only downside is losing the dual climate. search ebay 2016 civic climate control and make sure to get one with a fan speed knob instead of the dual climate. i picked mine up for less than $50
I bought the LX controls a while back for my SI, with thoughts of doing this if iDatalink was going to be a while on the HO4 for our cars. They said recently it is still very far out, so now I am thinking about using the LX controls and going aftermarket. Is there anything else that becomes an issue pulling the factory radio in the Si-R? (I would be using aftermarket amps and speakers, so integration into the OEM audio isn't a concern).

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
I bought the LX controls a while back for my SI, with thoughts of doing this if iDatalink was going to be a while on the HO4 for our cars. They said recently it is still very far out, so now I am thinking about using the LX controls and going aftermarket. Is there anything else that becomes an issue pulling the factory radio in the Si-R? (I would be using aftermarket amps and speakers, so integration into the OEM audio isn't a concern).
also interested in this :bow:

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well, i pulled my radio and swapped the LX controlls in and left the radio out. No warning lights came on, Im going to take it to lunch like this and drive it a bit and see if anything else seems to be an issue. I THINK the only thing I would lose on this is seat heaters and radio display showing on the cluster.

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Everything seems good. I lose seat heaters, but I might be able to power those separately. The factory backup camera doesn't look very good just being powered on, so I am planning on switching it out with an aftermarket one. Steering wheel controls worked fine. (I used the Axxess parts for a 2016 Civic LX).

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Glad to see some innovation in terms of sound for our cars. One day we'll have a Maestro RR2 that'll allow us to retain our climate controls and oem settings on the radio and until its cool to see what some people do haha.
I don't know what is taking them so long... If the android headunits from China have figured it out, why can't they have handled it by now for a 2016 model year car? {sigh} It would be expensive, but I have a 4200NEX that I loved when I put it in my 2002 Civic, just waiting to drop in, but I don't want to lose the integrated features.

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Got the radio in, so far so good. I have the steering wheel controls integrated, the FM antenna has to be run from the tuner on the passenger rear wheel well hump. I haven't gotten the XM antenna integrated yet, that connector is much larger than a regular FAKRA. I don't seem to be missing much right now. If I find something, I will report back.

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding (not replacing) an aftermarket head unit. Civic-Si-Radio
Sponsored