Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I want to add fog lights to my base model my question is this.

I have seen and heard some say the wiring is already pre Installed on the base model. That being said does anyone know for sure?

is it just plug and play?
Has anyone done this?
Sponsored

DarkenRahl

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx
Country flag

I have seen and heard some say the wiring is already pre Installed on the base model. That being said does anyone know for sure?

Has anyone done this?
I have an 18 Civic LX, I have installed foglights on my civic and I can tell you atleast on my car the wiring was not pre-installed. You will have to buy the wiring yourself or buy foglights that come with a wiring relay to install them with. This is the video that I pretty much guided myself with:

And the video for how take off your bumper to be able to install the fog lights

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

Has anyone done this?
Mine didn’t come with fog light either so I installed some myself. I bought the oem harness so the button on the inside fits perfectly and not out of place like some harnesses have.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
That video is terrible they install it wrong. I've installed Fog lights on 3 LX's now (2 of mine and 1 of a friend's). OP is right about the pre-run wire. Honda made it easy since they run the connector already from the inside to the front of the car (it's behind or next to the washer fluid bottle) and inside up under the dash. You'll see it it's a brown connector. The OEM kit is plug and play and so are the ebay ones (mostly). It boils down to:

1. Drop bumper
2. Put foglights into bumper
3. Wire foglights to connector behind washer bottle / ground / and then to the lights themselves
4. Pull down the inside left trim to wire to harness on the inside form the connector to the fuse box.
5. If OEM kit pull out the old stalk and add the new one with the control on it for the fogs (if ebay kit they just have a button to add)
6. Put everything back together

The instructions for the kit can be found on collegehills honda's site. The hardest thing is dropping the bumper for the first time - just go slow with it Other than that it is straight forward. You in absolutely no way have to drill or cut anything.

First Name
benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civix
Country flag
That video is terrible they install it wrong. I've installed Fog lights on 3 LX's now (2 of mine and 1 of a friend's). OP is right about the pre-run wire. Honda made it easy since they run the connector already from the inside to the front of the car (it's behind or next to the washer fluid bottle) and inside up under the dash. You'll see it it's a brown connector. The OEM kit is plug and play and so are the ebay ones (mostly). It boils down to:

1. Drop bumper
3. Wire foglights to connector behind washer bottle / ground / and then to the lights themselves
4. Pull down the inside left trim to wire to harness on the inside form the connector to the fuse box.
5. If OEM kit pull out the old stalk and add the new one with the control on it for the fogs (if ebay kit they just have a button to add)

The instructions for the kit can be found on collegehills honda's site. The hardest thing is dropping the bumper for the first time - just go slow with it Other than that it is straight forward. You in absolutely no way have to drill or cut anything.
Got a question.the connector behind the washer fluid is covered in this black grease type stuff,by any chance you know what that is?

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Got a question.the connector behind the washer fluid is covered in this black grease type stuff,by any chance you know what that is?
no clue, mine was the same though. I dry wiped it quickly and just connected it, was fine.

Gilbert

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
no clue, mine was the same though. I dry wiped it quickly and just connected it, was fine.
Hi I bought a different foglight it doesnt have the connector/pin that connects on the prewire. Is there a way to bypass it? Or do I need to buy a connector.

First Name
benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civix
Country flag
Hi I bought a different foglight it doesnt have the connector/pin that connects on the prewire. Is there a way to bypass it? Or do I need to buy a connector.
I personally would just spend more money and get the one from pro tuning lab with is plug and play,I wouldn't mess with any wiring if the wires are already there

First Name
benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civix
Country flag

1. Drop bumper

Dobu know why my parking fuse went out after the install but still no lighting

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Hi guys sorry my english are bad anyway what kind of fuse our 10th gen using inside the cabin(driver side fuse box) because i need 20 amps for my fog light. Low profile mini fuse or mini fuse?

SourPatchIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Energy Green 2019 Honda Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
I’m pretty sure that dielectric grease and is meant to be there. Helps protect the plug from salt and stuff
Sponsored