Adding amp/sub to ex-t....

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Hi guys,

Wanted some suggestions as I have been out of the car audio game for quite some time. I would like to add an amp and sub to use with the factory head unit and speakers. Sub would be in the trunk, and with a carseat in the back seat.....folding the seat down isn't going to be a possibility. I am not into rap/dance or any kind of music that slams bass, just looking for something that can hit nicely and bring out the drums and bass for rock music without overpowering the stock system. Is this likely to happen with ANY kind of sub in the trunk facing the closed rear seats? I realize I will have to tap into the rear speaker wires to do so (and have a line converter to run to the amp).....will I still be able to run the rear stock speakers as well? Will this create an impedance issue for the head unit?

Any other suggestions? IE: Do they make a replacement speaker for the rears that could create a good amount of bass with an amp? If such an animal exists, they would have to be full range as I don't want to make it sound like the rear passengers are sitting inside a bass cabinet and hearing nothing else.

Thanks!

Edit: Leaving as much trunk space as possible is also a priority.
Sponsored

goodra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
I'm not sure what you mean by 'sub in the trunk facing the closed rear seats', but if you mean putting a sub in the trunk, you can definitely have tons of bass. I had a 12 inch sub once in the trunk of my Acura TL and it slammed and shook the entire car. If you're not into that kind of bass, a high quality 8 inch sub with a small enclosure would be perfect for your needs.

It should be possible to install a sub without disabling the rear stock stock speakers. Personally, I would bring my car to a reputable car audio shop who would best know how to wire up the subwoofer.