Adding a subwoofer - what needs to be done?

Civ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T

rexapollo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Hi all,

Just purchased my 2016 EX-T and I love it. But - the bass is lacking for my tastes, so I am looking to add a small subwoofer. The one I am looking at is this one: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136933...with_promotion&awnw=g&awcr=69546577945&awdv=c

Questions: can an audio professional install this fairly easily? Any issues with adding this subwoofer in the trunk?

Thank you!
An audio professional shouldn't have too much trouble. Is there a speaker wire in the trunk for the back dash subwoofer that is in the touring model? If there is it can be used for an amp that accepts high gain inputs. The hardest part is finding a spot to run the power cable through the firewall, especially if you do not want to drill a hole. Make sure you let the installer know if you don't want a hole drilled. I have only found one spot that is suitable to pull a cable without drilling through the firewall.

RiViT13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
An audio professional shouldn't have too much trouble. Is there a speaker wire in the trunk for the back dash subwoofer that is in the touring model? If there is it can be used for an amp that accepts high gain inputs. The hardest part is finding a spot to run the power cable through the firewall, especially if you do not want to drill a hole. Make sure you let the installer know if you don't want a hole drilled. I have only found one spot that is suitable to pull a cable without drilling through the firewall.
So what is the one spot?

rexapollo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So what is the one spot?
Driver's side where the hood release comes through the side wall. There is a rubber grommet and you can pull the power cable through it. I have a picture of it in another how to install a subwoofer thread.

DubNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Modern Steel Metallic
I'm a complete audio noob and I also have the same model as OP (EX-T), but I believe that sub he posted is powered and has an internal amp, so no need for a separate amp/cable.

Does this make things a lot easier? Really hope no drilling is involved. I plan on buying the exact same sub and just getting a basic 8 gauge amp wiring kit and paying a professional to do everything, probably Best Buy or somewhere cheap.

sinewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX W/Sense
Country flag
If you have an automatic trans there is already a perfect area (where the clutch would go) behind the battery. A decent will have no problems with this car.
Sponsored