Adding 4Ch Amp Questions

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
Hey Guys,

Ive dabbled a little bit with car audio in the past so I have a slight background.
What I want to do to start is just add a simple small 4ch amp
http://www.crutchfield.ca/Kenwood_KAC_M1804_45W_x_4_Compact_Amplifier_p/113kam1804.htm
and hook it up to the factory set up. I may also swap out the front componant speakers for some Polks as people seem to rave about them here. It seems like a pretty simple install but I wanted to know if theres anything special I may need. Various harnesses, adapters and what not. I want to do this clean and properly.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
Trying to avoid splicing into the main harness basically

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
You'll definitely need a line out converter for the amp and 9 wire would be useful to grab signal. Probably some tesa tape and techflex/wire loom for a professional looking install. I cut the main harness but I used posi lock connectors because I can reverse it back to stock if I want to. You might be able to make an in between harness to avoid splicing but I wasn't patient enough and just cut it because it was only 4 wires in my car. The posts on here are really useful and helped me a lot in my install. I highly recommend switching out the speaker as it is very easy to do on this car. Hope this helps I'm far from an expert but I have done a few installs on my friends and my cars in the past.

OP
OP

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
You'll definitely need a line out converter for the amp and 9 wire would be useful to grab signal. Probably some tesa tape and techflex/wire loom for a professional looking install. I cut the main harness but I used posi lock connectors because I can reverse it back to stock if I want to. You might be able to make an in between harness to avoid splicing but I wasn't patient enough and just cut it because it was only 4 wires in my car. The posts on here are really useful and helped me a lot in my install. I highly recommend switching out the speaker as it is very easy to do on this car. Hope this helps I'm far from an expert but I have done a few installs on my friends and my cars in the past.
Appreciate it friend. Definitely going to get my hands on a LOC still trying to find a precise schematic on the wiring process. I've wired a ton of subs on after market decks but this is kind of out of my realm of familiarity

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
I've looked do you know what wires to tap into for signal? I have lc6i I was going to use to convert the signal to low level output. I was going to pull the headunit and pull right from there just unsure on what wires.

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've looked do you know what wires to tap into for signal? I have lc6i I was going to use to convert the signal to low level output. I was going to pull the headunit and pull right from there just unsure on what wires.
Here is the wiring schematic for the connector for the F/R speakers for a 2017 Hatch EX. This is taken from ServiceExpress on the Honda Independent Repair website (techinfo.honda.com). I don't believe it is illegal to publish this on a public forum????
There is also another 24pin connector on the back of the HU with the same exact color wires that is for LaneWatch.

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding 4Ch Amp Questions audio

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
You don't need a LOC. That amp has speaker-level inputs. That means it has an internal LOC.
Sponsored