First Name
Kristiyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2018
Country flag
Hello,

I have an issue with my Honda Civic 2019 Hatchback Sport Touring. I bought the car with small accident and the car was with damaged adaptive cruise control radar and bracket. There are messages on the dashboard for problems (ACC, LAKS, CMS, RDMS ...). I put new bracket and I put an other radar with the same part number but those messages are still flashing on the dash.
After that I brought the car to one of the Honda dealers in my area. They told me that there is a mismatching between the windshield camera and the radar. By the VIN they gave me different part number for the radar. Now I am trying to find a radar with this part number.

Can someone tell me if I replace this radar with the correct one are those messages are going to disappear or I need to program the new radar ?

Regards
Sponsored

Last edited:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After replacement of the radar it will have to be aimed at a Honda dealership, and has to be the correct radar for your vin.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Welcome to the future of cars. Enjoy your cameras and sensors. I’ll stay in 2017

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
It needs to be reprogrammed, and it’s not a simple job diy.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Welcome to the future of cars. Enjoy your cameras and sensors. I’ll stay in 2017
You're telling me cars of yesteryear didn't have any components restricted for certain trims? Or different H/W between different car trims?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda sensing was standard in all civic trims for 19’s except si which was added for 20’s

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
There should be an "opt out" feature for this stuff across all trims. My LKAS has glitched, my ACC has glitched, my CMBS has been repaired/replaced twice on warranty and still shows diagnostic issues. None of these are options I use because they operate so goofy even when they do it correctly.
Sponsored