Adaptive Cruise (ACC) - How well does it REALLY work?

Adaptive Cruise (ACC) Overall

• Very Useful on a Day to Day basis

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Pretty Useful

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Kinda of Useful, but annoying most of the time

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • More of a Gimmick than anything

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

internalaudit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic 5 M/T, 2011 I4 Accord Coupe 5 A/T
The ACC (with LSF) on the 10th gen civic should be better than the ACC (no LSF) on the 2016 and 17 Honda Accords correct?

I wonder if the system in the 2018 Civics are identification to the ones in the 2018 Accord and if there really was any updates from the 2016/17 model years.
Sponsored

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
The ACC (with LSF) on the 10th gen civic should be better than the ACC (no LSF) on the 2016 and 17 Honda Accords correct?

I wonder if the system in the 2018 Civics are identification to the ones in the 2018 Accord and if there really was any updates from the 2016/17 model years.
a few months ago, I drove with my parents from Houston to Dallas with their 2016 Accord with Sensing. It felt the exact same until all of a sudden it triggered off in LSF conditions (didn't know they lacked it, was kind of a surprise once reaching the city traffic after cruising for hours).

internalaudit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic 5 M/T, 2011 I4 Accord Coupe 5 A/T
a few months ago, I drove with my parents from Houston to Dallas with their 2016 Accord with Sensing. It felt the exact same until all of a sudden it triggered off in LSF conditions (didn't know they lacked it, was kind of a surprise once reaching the city traffic after cruising for hours).
Good to know. Over on DriveAccord forum, someone told me that the 16/17 ACC were rougher and inferior to the one in the 2018 Accord (likely similar to the 10th gen Civic Honda Sensing), which is why I kinda wanted to know.

I'll probably have to go over to the 9th gen Accord thread to find out haha. Good to know the one on the Civic is pretty good. No point for me to go with a 9.5 Accord if the 10th gen Civic's system is superior.

OP
OP

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I'm seriously looking at leasing an Accord LX (which includes Sensing) once the lease on my '16 EX-T runs out. It's difficult to find real-world experiences of the various assisted-technologies. My understanding is that the Sensing is good, the new Nissan ProPilot is better and the new Cadillac (!) Supercruise (as well as Tesla of course) is the best.

okan170

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2017
Country flag
Been commuting around the freeways of LA between downtown and Burbank and found ACC to be pretty useful as traffic starts to get complicated. The ideal situation seems to be indeterminate slowdowns of the entire traffic pattern, like around merges. Or crawling street traffic that isn't quite stopped but may be passing slowly for one reason or another. Interestingly I find that the closest setting, while still big enough to make aggressive drivers cut in, tends to make drivers in larger vehicles decide against doing the same. (It may just be the makeup of traffic in the area)
Sponsored