Acura Type S Compact coming 2022...

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
https://www.motor1.com/news/426614/acura-mdx-type-s-new-sedan/

It looks like news leaked that an acura type s compact will be coming in addition to the TLX type s. The bigger question is will acura be making this more to the specs of an si or a type r. I have a hunch that they'd do the accord 2.0T at 252 hp base model and 300ish for type S given that the TLX is supposed to be pushing 275 base and 350-400 type s.
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Why honda will make a new engine for the TLX and don't use it on the ILX - S?

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why honda will make a new engine for the TLX and don't use it on the ILX - S?
I mean they haven't actually revealed what engine the compact is going to use because none of this was even supposed to be release yet. it was as leaked dealership presentation. People have just been trying to speculate on what's out there that's better than what they're using today but also lesser than the TLX.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 FR-S, 2016 RAV4 Hybrid
Country flag
It's interesting how they refer to the next-gen MDX as an "MDX" but they transitioned from "ILX" to "new Compact Sedan". I wonder if it's because the ILX has been so disappointing (at least to me).

Maybe they'll bring back the Integra. It might not fit with what Acura will end up putting on sale though. Even base model Integras seemed sporty and cool to me. ILXs, at least the ones I've sat in, are bland entry-level luxury cars. I feel like Acura's still going to want continue to carry a bland entry-level vehicle outside of the Type S trim.

I'll be curious to see if it'll be based on a new platform or be based on the 11th gen Civic. It was a bit sad to see the ILX stagnate on the 9th gen Civic platform.

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I think the ILX just hasn't caught fire so they want something else. people are hoping integra gets brought back. Honestly the reason i ended up in a 10th gen and not the ILX was only because ILX was running 9th gen and got updated way too late (over a year after i needed my car). if it had been basically ILX internals (engine, DCT) on an 10th gen platform but made to be acuraish i'd have just got that instead.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
It's interesting how they refer to the next-gen MDX as an "MDX" but they transitioned from "ILX" to "new Compact Sedan". I wonder if it's because the ILX has been so disappointing (at least to me).

Maybe they'll bring back the Integra. It might not fit with what Acura will end up putting on sale though. Even base model Integras seemed sporty and cool to me. ILXs, at least the ones I've sat in, are bland entry-level luxury cars. I feel like Acura's still going to want continue to carry a bland entry-level vehicle outside of the Type S trim.

I'll be curious to see if it'll be based on a new platform or be based on the 11th gen Civic. It was a bit sad to see the ILX stagnate on the 9th gen Civic platform.
Forget the Integra name they are using a 3 letter to name their cars.
RSX would make more sense.

I wont be surprised that the new compact will follow a similar engine choice as the current accord.
Entry Level 1.6T then a 2.0T for the Type S

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Forget the Integra name they are using a 3 letter to name their cars.
RSX would make more sense.

I wont be surprised that the new compact will follow a similar engine choice as the current accord.
Entry Level 1.6T then a 2.0T for the Type S
RSX is a good guess

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type-R, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
If they would release one with a stick..... oooooh boy.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
These powerful cars are just not fun nor engaging with auto transmissions. Pressing the gas pedal and having the car do everything else is boring. Needs a manual!
Sponsored