Acura TLX Type S

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Acura needed to up its game. Kia is its main competitor. BMW/Merc/Audi shoppers will always prefer European.

Basically needs to beat these numbers and a preowned Stinger is dirt cheap!

Honda Civic 10th gen Acura TLX Type S 4B68D8BF-17AB-4D21-89A9-5CF66A3817D8

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Took them long enough. Acura was being blatantly stupid by not making a Type-S trim for the current TLX even though it's so aggressively marketed as a "sport sedan". The car was not even close to competitive to it's much better rivals in terms of interior or engine power. Still don't get why Acura did literally every single thing but toss in the twin turbo V6 into one of it's cars. Hopefully the new one turns the tables, I used to own a 2008 Acura TL Type-S which was one amazing car, amazing quality interior and a true sports sedan that loved to be driven hard. Acura seems to have gone massively downhill since then. That in it's kinetic blue pearl color made it one of the best cars I have ever owned to this day.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this is how gets an Accord-ish car with a V6 still... but now as a twin turbo. Ok Honda/Acura... so we finally have an enticing version of what I assume is a J V6 that doesnā€™t power a minivan/SUV that doesnā€™t cost as much as a house (NSX). Maybe this car can regain the crown of ā€˜fastest car everā€™ since the V6 Accord folded.
I was bummed I couldnā€™t ever find a TL SH AWD in manual nearby when I was shopping for my CivicX. This is pretty interesting... especially given how a lot of Acuraā€™s depreciate like mad and are great buys in the used market.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
UnknownCTR

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Looking forward to the official reveal tomorrow:thumbsup:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy shit. Double wishbone suspension, 3.0L V6 turbo engine on the Type S, SH-AWD, a sexy body and a premium looking interior. Welcome back Acura.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It hasn't been since the RSX was around that Acura offered anything desirable (that was also obtainable i.e. NSX). But if I was in the market for a sedan, this would definitely be my go-to option to stay in the Honda family. Acura needs to keep the momentum they've gained with the new RDX and TLX and run with it across the brand, and possibly use that momentum to intro some newer models.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No HP numbers? It's a really noticeable omission for all the press about the new engine. The mid 30s price for the regular TLX looks like a good sign the Type S won't be massively expensive. Looking forward to the Type R vs Type S comparisons that will come.
Sponsored