SuperBob

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2009
Country flag
I tested drive it a 2016 (201 HP) and Kind of like it because of the smooth and strong acceleration :). The interior is also really nice and seats are comfortable. It does not have the handling of a 10th generation Civic though :)

The only downside I could find is the long term reliability. Those one sale have a low mileage (average of 30K miles) and some had multiple owners already. What is wrong with that car? Is it because of the DCT which is complex and expensive to fix? Any idea?
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i have a 2016 ilx that i bought brand new.
It's my daily driver and its currently at 55k miles.

i havent had anything wrong with them.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ILX is based on the 9th gen Civic platform. The interior is kind of chintzy for a "luxury" car. My dad has a 2017 with 53K miles on it. I've driven it several times. It's the base model which sucks IMO, but the car drives perfectly fine and like you said, the engine is smooth and the transmission works great. Steering is a bit vague but no real issues otherwise.

They are an unpopular car but that makes them huge used car bargains IMO.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
The ILX is a nice car with a superior drivetrain but it is a bit smaller than the Civic and doesn't handle as well. As someone else said, they are not really "luxury" and are not that popular, but there are no known mechanical issues. You can find good deals on low mileage used ILXs.
Scotty likes the ILX.

Check the CarFax for it (need to know the VIN). Make sure that it isn't from Quebec.
I strongly recommend that you don't buy a 5 year old car with multiple owners.
People who keep a car a short time often abuse them and rarely maintain them properly. And quite often there has been damage to cars that have been flipped.
Sponsored

Last edited: