Preferred Position for Acuity Throttle pedal Spacer

• Total voters

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Which is best preferred position for Civic Si?
Sponsored

Jfuston

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I just installed mine in a 2018 and I really like position C. But it’s all about personal preference.

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Have mine in B. Comfy. Try out each position before you decide. Takes only a few minutes to adjust and a lap around the block to test ride.

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have mine in B. Comfy. Try out each position before you decide. Takes only a few minutes to adjust and a lap around the block to test ride.
I have it in B and I feel it's little high to my taste. I will shift it to C and check

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I have it in B and I feel it's little high to my taste. I will shift it to C and check
That was the problem I had w/ B as well. C is much better. Poor position A! Don't think I've ever heard of someone using that position.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Had to double check. I am on position C also. Tried B for a few days but found heel toe down shifts much easier in C.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I can't remember anymore. I tried it on one that was highly recommended, and didn't much like it so I went with another. I think I was on C and switched to B.

EDIT: Nevermind, found my post on it. I'll re-post here.

First tried position B, thinking it would make the most logical sense since it appears at the same height as the brake pedal. The problem is it doesn't have the same spongy give in pressure feel, and if you intend on heel-toe downshifting, it doesn't make enough since since you are engaging the brake pedal while performing that maneuver, which means it's now lower than the accelerator.

I ended up at position C, which feels best. I'm not a very successful heel-toe downshifter yet, and having not been able to practice for over a year I wasn't very much good when I tried it, but through practice I think I'll get it down. At least I'll be able to say it's possible for me to do, now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, now I am on C and it's great but may be I will remove and sell it off after using it for a week.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, now I am on C and it's great but may be I will remove and sell it off after using it for a week.
I felt the same way. Tried B and it was horrible. I like C for short drives, but I hate it for long drives. I have long legs, so it can get uncomfortable at times.

I feel like the OEM accel pedal is in a good position with relation to the clutch. It's just the brake pedal that is too close to the driver. I may just adjust the brake pedal and sell the Acuity spacer too.

Jfuston

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I felt the same way. Tried B and it was horrible. I like C for short drives, but I hate it for long drives. I have long legs, so it can get uncomfortable at times.

I feel like the OEM accel pedal is in a good position with relation to the clutch. It's just the brake pedal that is too close to the driver. I may just adjust the brake pedal and sell the Acuity spacer too.
What’s the best way to adjust the brake pedal? Does that have a spacer-type mod too?

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
Just installed mine on c.
I have aftermarket "3d" all weather mats and the accelerator pedal got stuck under the edge of the mat on full throttle on my way home from work. Make sure your pedal has free range of motion when installing.

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just installed mine on c.
I have aftermarket "3d" all weather mats and the accelerator pedal got stuck under the edge of the mat on full throttle on my way home from work. Make sure your pedal has free range of motion when installing.
I have the same mats but didn't experience that issue till date. I need to check to make sure it doesn't happen
Sponsored