Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
For anyone who has tracked their car and attempted to heel-toe, im sure you quickly learned that the pedal placement in the 10th gen is less than optimal.

We installed the Acuity pedal spacer on our shop Si, and its a world of difference! Check out how easy the install is, and follow the link to purchase yours today! In stock and ready to ship.

https://www.maperformance.com/products/acuity-throttle-pedal-spacer-2016-honda-civic-1919
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Thanks MAP. How much closer to the driver would you say that the accelerator feels using the "furthest away" option? When seated in my optimal position for operating the clutch, I feel like the brake pedal is a bit too close to me. I'm a little worried that installing this kit will cause the gas pedal to feel too close as well. I was originally going to adjust the brake pedal to be further away, but then the throttle would still be too far over to the side for heel toe-ing. I wish that there was an option that would allow for the pedals to be moved closer together laterally, without moving them closer to the driver.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Interesting gadget. I suppose it could help. I've found in most track situations you end up fighting a fading brake pedal. By raising the throttle you've now made it harder since the brake pedal would be well below throttle level.

OP
OP
Daelen@MAP

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks MAP. How much closer to the driver would you say that the accelerator feels using the "furthest away" option? When seated in my optimal position for operating the clutch, I feel like the brake pedal is a bit too close to me. I'm a little worried that installing this kit will cause the gas pedal to feel too close as well. I was originally going to adjust the brake pedal to be further away, but then the throttle would still be too far over to the side for heel toe-ing. I wish that there was an option that would allow for the pedals to be moved closer together laterally, without moving them closer to the driver.
I know exactly what you are saying, moving the accelerator pedal removed that feeling for me 100%. I know that can be subjective, but id be confidant that this piece would give you the adjustment needed to get it into a good spot. The farthest away option will do nearly exactly what you are looking for with a slight movement of the pedal towards you. I was a bit skeptical at first, but this piece gave us the adjustment to make the pedals feel good for everyone here that has driven the car and played with it.

OP
OP
Daelen@MAP

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Interesting gadget. I suppose it could help. I've found in most track situations you end up fighting a fading brake pedal. By raising the throttle you've now made it harder since the brake pedal would be well below throttle level.

Its possible, but with good pads, proper ducting and a good fluid that should not be an issue. The pedal placement stock is so far off of where I would want it, hard for me to see this causing an issue honestly.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I don't have the MT, but the CVT instead. I'm a short guy (5'6") and feel the throttle is too far away when I adjust my seat comfortably away from the steering wheel and brake pedal. Would the Acuity spacer work for me, just to bring the throttle closer to me? Or is it designed for MTs only? (sorry to hi-jack the thread)

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I can't imagine that this wouldn't work with the CVT - I believe this will work with all 9th and 10th gens

I don't have the MT, but the CVT instead. I'm a short guy (5'6") and feel the throttle is too far away when I adjust my seat comfortably away from the steering wheel and brake pedal. Would the Acuity spacer work for me, just to bring the throttle closer to me? Or is it designed for MTs only? (sorry to hi-jack the thread)

hawkman199

First you get smooth, fast comes all by itself.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000 (sold), 2018 Civic Si, 2021 Type R (pending)
Country flag
OK, got my Acuity Pedal Spacer for the 2018 Civic Si Coupe. Super easy install, and I put it on the B setting. I'm trying to replicate the feel of my S2000 as closely as possible. Went for a drive and the B position was not the best, at least for me. Gonna change it to the C position after work tonite and will report back tomorrow. More to come.

hawkman199

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please do! That feedback would be extremely interesting!
Sorry, only posted to another thread. The C position is excellent, at least for me. Now, I’d be 6 foot tall and about 155 lbs with a size 9 shoe, so your results may vary.

r_35800

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry, only posted to another thread. The C position is excellent, at least for me. Now, I’d be 6 foot tall and about 155 lbs with a size 9 shoe, so your results may vary.
In terms of seat adjustment, did you notice that your right knee is closer to steering wheel or is it mostly the same? Im almost 80% about to order one.

hawkman199

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In terms of seat adjustment, did you notice that your right knee is closer to steering wheel or is it mostly the same? Im almost 80% about to order one.
I did not notice any difference, but your results may be different. :)

The Acuity part is excellent and a must have, in my view. Note, I heel and toe all the time (street and track)on braking and downshifts. In fact, I plan on transferring it to my new Type R, when it arrives in the spring, even though the Type R has auto rev matching.

Hope this helps!

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
couldnt drive without. had it for about 7 months. C position is the best

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I bought this and wasnt 100% satisfied with it just due to positions A and B being counterintuitive to the goal. C is 100% the best but still not perfect for me but anyone interested in this or already bought it would benefit from this thread for more info. Long story short still have the part on and still enjoy it over stock.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Recently installed this and originally set it at position B. While this makes heel toe downshifting super easy by bringing the pedal way up and close to the brake, it was too uncomfortable for me when just cruising around on the street. Ankle is bent too far up to reach the gas pedal imo.

Changed to position C which is the perfect balance. Slightly higher than stock (but not as much as B) and still closer to the brake horizontally. It's sooo much easier to heel toe now without sacrificing any daily comfort.

Big thumbs up :thumbsup:
Sponsored