Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit & POCO Knob Review

Stryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack
Country flag
Installed the Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit this past weekend (cable/base bushings, rocker arm, centering spring, and short throw adapter) and threw on a POCO knob and the difference is night and day! Shifting feels more precise and direct, and the throw & gate distances are perfect for quick shifts. I didn't mis-shift very often, but when I did it was usually 3rd gear and I felt like I never pushed the shifter forward enough for proper engagement. Now you throw it into gear and you are rewarded with a solid-feeling thud. And I can't get over the POCO's lowered stance, it feels so much more ergonomic than the factory knob height.

I would say it took me about 2 hours to do everything, although most of the time was spent watching Acuity install videos and taking the center console apart. Also don't forget to pick up their panel & trim tools, makes removing everything safe and simple. The only issue I noticed is the annoying clicking when shifting into even-numbered gears (due to the short-shifter). Acuity has a video about it, and the only remedy seems to be drilling the housing and adding some zip ties to keep the bushing from slapping around. I didn't want to preemptively drill anything in case it didn't do it, but it does, so maybe a project for another time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit & POCO Knob Review acuity-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit & POCO Knob Review acuity-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit & POCO Knob Review acuity-3

Either way, this was a simple install and would totally recommend for anyone trying to refine their 10th Gen Si shifting experience. Worth it even for a daily driver. I will have to check back in once I put some more miles on it as well.

Last edited:

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Short throw shifter adapter, Poco knob, and centering spring. Great upgrades!

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit & POCO Knob Review IMG_20200429_183911
Sponsored