Acuity short throw adapter stuck

sirspazalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, ran into an issue with my short throw adaptor from Acuity.

Was installing the adapter but did not push it up all the way before tightening the bolts. So I loosened up the bolts again to try to retighten at the proper height, and the adaptor will no longer go up any further on the stock shifter assembly OR come off the stock shift assembly.

I’m not sure what the issue is, I even backed out the screws on the adaptor all the way but the thing’s now stuck in the middle loosely dangling, won’t come off or go up to its proper position. Now sure what to do to troubleshoot. Don’t want to use force to try and muscle it off, could see that potentially damaging the teeth? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
If I were in your situation, I'd just come on to it a bit and pull harder. Force got it on there, so long as you pull down straight it shouldn't damage it.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional. Best of luck.

OP
OP
sirspazalot

sirspazalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
If I were in your situation, I'd just come on to it a bit and pull harder. Force got it on there, so long as you pull down straight it shouldn't damage it.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional. Best of luck.
It actually slid on perfectly fine with no force initially, which is why I hesitate but I’ll give yanking on it harder a try tomorrow.
Sponsored