Acuity Shifter Kits

Hazzard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I second what @Thusee said about the 2020 Type R shifter assembly. I installed that and the Acuity Stage 2 (for the Type R shifter) at the same time with the stock shift knob and the difference was amazing. Much shorter throw and it felt better than the manual linkage from my BRZ. I have since added the 27Won shift knob and now everything is super smooth. I was amazed at how much difference a weighted shift knob makes.
Sponsored

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am a a young 'un and big fan of the Stage 3 kit. There is also the Hybrid shifter which is not as stiff as the Acuity shifter. My brother has the Hybrid, I have the Acuity. Both offer great customization. If you can swing it, I recommend the full kit because it is one part of the car you will always be using.

Ktuner is awesome for the Si, I had TwoStep Performance (TSP) Tune since I bought my unit from them. Easy to use, offers some things you can change to suit your driving. Smooths out a few drivability items. It has been a while, so I don't quite remember them. The extra bump in power also makes the car feel a bit more... right.

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm no expert;), but it changes certain performance parameters yet has seemed very seamless to me. Definitely worth reading up on, there's a reliability survey here in the forums for example.
Thanks again !! keep in touch

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I am a a young 'un and big fan of the Stage 3 kit. There is also the Hybrid shifter which is not as stiff as the Acuity shifter. My brother has the Hybrid, I have the Acuity. Both offer great customization. If you can swing it, I recommend the full kit because it is one part of the car you will always be using.

Ktuner is awesome for the Si, I had TwoStep Performance (TSP) Tune since I bought my unit from them. Easy to use, offers some things you can change to suit your driving. Smooths out a few drivability items. It has been a while, so I don't quite remember them. The extra bump in power also makes the car feel a bit more... right.
LOL ok ok ..... I'm sold .... after the shifter mod

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Hey Pop's!

Thusee here with Unity-Performance, Nice to see older folks (Young at heart) still getting into the 4 bangers and building them! I'm a few years shy at 37 this year haha! If you are going with the stage 2 kit might I add to get the 2020 Civic Type R shifter assembly as well as it is the SHORTEST 10th gen shifter for our platform and its usually around 60$.

The part number is: 54100-TGH-G01, I have installed a few of these along with the Acuity Addon's and made a world of a difference.

Feel free to check out my build thread I have a 2018 Si Sedan pretty much full bolt on.
I have gone from the Type R shifter with acuity add ons, to Hybrid Racing, and now the full Acuity Shifter.

If you have any questions regarding the platform feel free to give me a shout! I work on a lot of the club's Cars here in Toronto and pretty much know them inside out.

Hope this helps, we can definitely help you out with your build at www.unity-performnace.com

We test all products that we carry first hand or within our local members and only sell what we believe in!

- Thusee.
Thusee, so the CT shifter is only $36 (at OEMpartsource.com)? That's wild! I've read elsewhere that the Acuity short shift adapter isn't a good idea to use with the CTR shifter, do you agree?

To be clear, I could purchase the CTR shifter, use the Acuity rocker, spring and base bushing and of course my boot and knob and wouldn't need anything else to make it complete?

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thusee, so the CT shifter is only $36 (at OEMpartsource.com)? That's wild! I've read elsewhere that the Acuity short shift adapter isn't a good idea to use with the CTR shifter, do you agree?

To be clear, I could purchase the CTR shifter, use the Acuity rocker, spring and base bushing and of course my boot and knob and wouldn't need anything else to make it complete?
Yes the 2020 ctr shifter is stupid cheap haha! And you are correct to not use the short throw adapter.

Everything else is good to go!

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes the 2020 ctr shifter is stupid cheap haha! And you are correct to not use the short throw adapter.

Everything else is good to go!
Thanks, I now know my next mod. Anyone wanna buy an Acuity Short Shift Adapter cheap?

Just purchased it from OEMpartsource for $48.59 shipped! Use code 10OFF for 10% off of the shipping cost.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I second what @Thusee said about the 2020 Type R shifter assembly. I installed that and the Acuity Stage 2 (for the Type R shifter) at the same time with the stock shift knob and the difference was amazing. Much shorter throw and it felt better than the manual linkage from my BRZ. I have since added the 27Won shift knob and now everything is super smooth. I was amazed at how much difference a weighted shift knob makes.

I just installed a MUGEN weighted Knob ..... my interior is black with red stitching, the Knob I bought is wrapped in black leather and red stitching ..... Looks Sharp, and the shifting is smoother and quicker !!! just by changing the a shift knob !!

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Pop's!

Thusee here with Unity-Performance, Nice to see older folks (Young at heart) still getting into the 4 bangers and building them! I'm a few years shy at 37 this year haha! If you are going with the stage 2 kit might I add to get the 2020 Civic Type R shifter assembly as well as it is the SHORTEST 10th gen shifter for our platform and its usually around 60$.

The part number is: 54100-TGH-G01, I have installed a few of these along with the Acuity Addon's and made a world of a difference.

Feel free to check out my build thread I have a 2018 Si Sedan pretty much full bolt on.
I have gone from the Type R shifter with acuity add ons, to Hybrid Racing, and now the full Acuity Shifter.

If you have any questions regarding the platform feel free to give me a shout! I work on a lot of the club's Cars here in Toronto and pretty much know them inside out.

Hope this helps, we can definitely help you out with your build at www.unity-performnace.com

We test all products that we carry first hand or within our local members and only sell what we believe in!

- Thusee.
Hey Thusee,

Sounds like an intriguing set up ...
Which Acuity "add on" pieces would you suggest, to accompany the CTR shift assembly?

Thanks (in advance)!

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Thusee,

Sounds like an intriguing set up ...
Which Acuity "add on" pieces would you suggest, to accompany the CTR shift assembly?

Thanks (in advance)!

what he said above will get you going!

The cable bushing for the transmission side is also a nice upgrade.

For shifter alone:
Acuity Rocker Arm
Acuity Return Spring
Acuity Base Bushings

you can also get it from us:

Stage 2 kit - https://unity-performance.com/colle...ucts/10th-gen-civic-stage-2-shift-kit-for-fk8

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I have installed quite a few of these kits already.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is a comparison.

2020 Ctr left
2018 Si on right

You can see the height difference where the blue ball end is and also how low the top end is.

20210217_195147.jpg

And ctr shifter fitted with acuity goodies.

20210226_204353.jpg
Cool, now I'm extra glad I ordered one! TBH, I didn't much care for the allen head nut on the Acuity Short Shifter Adapter, it was so small that it was hard to tighten and actually came off once during the install and I was always semi-worried that it would come off while driving. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Also, I'm using the 27won shift knob which is taller than the Si knob so this will work out great.

Can't say I'm looking forward to removing the console again, but at least I know what glitches to avoid.

Savethemanuals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Novice DIY-er here. How hard is the install of the Stage 2 kit? What tools would I need?
Thanks everyone!

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
From what I see of the CTR assembly, it's definitely a shorter lever up from the base. The bottom is a bit longer but I don't think as long as a stock shifter with the acuity short shift adaptor added. I suspect the throw will be longer therefore with the CTR setup. The one thing I'd add is I picked up a POCO knob which effectively drastically shortens the higher feel of the stock lever. With it, the shifter falls to hand with your elbow flat on the armrest reaching to it. I have to admit, if I knew about the CTR option I would have definitely tried it. :) It DOES look to put the shifter end closer to the driver. How could one lose? And the Acuity bits would add to it for sure.
Sponsored