Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Do it right the first time and save up for the full kit, pops!

Learn from my mistakes. I originally had the stage 2 kit and it left me wanting for more, so I then bought the full shifter like a month later.

It is a beauty for sure:

20200630_130447.jpg
Nice centerfold shot lol .... looks impressive and I am holding the course for full up upgrade like you suggested

Pops

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
SO does anyone know of any "specialty Mechanics" who are dedicated to Honda Civic Si /Type R cars ???..... much like when I had Mustangs there was " Mustang Magic " and others on Long Island NY ......

Txs Pops ....

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Pops, I'm sixty brother. :) Fun cars are fun period.. Have a humble '18 LX and have the stage 2 Acuity kit on it. As said earlier in the thread, with a stick you will use it all the time. So spend and choose wisely. Some kits I've had on other cars go overboard and go too extreme. I can definitely say the stage 2 kit is an excellent choice. But can also understand wanting to go big. Enjoy the car and this board. A lot of very enthusiastic and knowledgeable people on here. Dave.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SO does anyone know of any "specialty Mechanics" who are dedicated to Honda Civic Si /Type R cars ???..... much like when I had Mustangs there was " Mustang Magic " and others on Long Island NY ......

Txs Pops ....

There are definitely regional shops that know the Civic well. Derek Robinson, one of this platform's most notable tuners, is based in PA. at Innovative MotorWorks

It's a little ways from you in New York, but worth the trip if you want to pursue a custom dyno tune

Doing a shifter swap is actually not too bad. The videos Acuity supplies are spot on. With a set of picks, various screwdrivers, allen wrenches, and a trim removal set, it's a 1.5-2 hour job

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Pops, I'm sixty brother. :) Fun cars are fun period.. Have a humble '18 LX and have the stage 2 Acuity kit on it. As said earlier in the thread, with a stick you will use it all the time. So spend and choose wisely. Some kits I've had on other cars go overboard and go too extreme. I can definitely say the stage 2 kit is an excellent choice. But can also understand wanting to go big. Enjoy the car and this board. A lot of very enthusiastic and knowledgeable people on here. Dave.
Dave, appreciate the words of wisdom ...... I am/will enjoy the Si for sure regardless of any upgrades..... and agree that the stage 2 , based on input on this board, and my reading, will suffice my need for speed LOL. The funny thing about driving the beautiful car is the look you get from people when they see me get out of it !!! Same look I got a few years ago when on the day I picked up my last Mustang GT , ran it thru the gears, and got pulled over ..... the cop came up my window, looked at me .... and laughed !!!!

Txs again Brother

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
There are definitely regional shops that know the Civic well. Derek Robinson, one of this platform's most notable tuners, is based in PA. at Innovative MotorWorks

It's a little ways from you in New York, but worth the trip if you want to pursue a custom dyno tune

Doing a shifter swap is actually not too bad. The videos Acuity supplies are spot on. With a set of picks, various screwdrivers, allen wrenches, and a trim removal set, it's a 1.5-2 hour job
Txs 86 .... I looked into the vids.... cut and dry ! thanks for the input appreciate it

Pops

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Hey Pops, so there's somebody here older than me!! (62)

I have all the Acuity parts on mine except the cable bushings, love the upgrade. It would have been nice to be able to have tested each item separately, but too much hassle.

I also strongly recommend a Ktuner, I have the Phearable 1.5 tune with mine and I love it!! It's actually about the driveability improvement rather than the performance upgrade -- I almost never take it out of Map 1.

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey Pops, so there's somebody here older than me!! (62)

I have all the Acuity parts on mine except the cable bushings, love the upgrade. It would have been nice to be able to have tested each item separately, but too much hassle.

I also strongly recommend a Ktuner, I have the Phearable 1.5 tune with mine and I love it!! It's actually about the driveability improvement rather than the performance upgrade -- I almost never take it out of Map 1.
Sad to say dude but ...... 66 ...... and feeling bout 45 ..... the civic was a a big part of that lol. I'm assuming I can just do Stage 2 for now, and when the weather and roads get better , do the rest?
Have to get educated as to what exactly the Ktuner is ? Had a performance "Chip" in my last mustang GT .... nice !!!!
Still playing around with the Sport Mode in the SI .... love it !!!!
Will Keep in Touch and txs for the input !!!

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Pop's!

Thusee here with Unity-Performance, Nice to see older folks (Young at heart) still getting into the 4 bangers and building them! I'm a few years shy at 37 this year haha! If you are going with the stage 2 kit might I add to get the 2020 Civic Type R shifter assembly as well as it is the SHORTEST 10th gen shifter for our platform and its usually around 60$.

The part number is: 54100-TGH-G01, I have installed a few of these along with the Acuity Addon's and made a world of a difference.

Feel free to check out my build thread I have a 2018 Si Sedan pretty much full bolt on.
I have gone from the Type R shifter with acuity add ons, to Hybrid Racing, and now the full Acuity Shifter.

If you have any questions regarding the platform feel free to give me a shout! I work on a lot of the club's Cars here in Toronto and pretty much know them inside out.

Hope this helps, we can definitely help you out with your build at www.unity-performnace.com

We test all products that we carry first hand or within our local members and only sell what we believe in!

- Thusee.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I switched back and forth on my way home from work yesterday, and did notice a little difference in throttle response. It's not a huge enough difference to slap you in the face, but it is there. But you almost have to pay attention to it to notice it.

Previously I had compared boost pressure, and have seen maybe a pound or two difference between normal and sport, i.e., 17 vs 19 PSI. Or, maybe I'm just crazy.

And instead of piping sound into the cabin, I wish it would pipe the sound outside. ?
The two main things the car does for increased engine response is it sends the cam angle full advance when throttle is applied (this in turn makes the engine mechanically more responsive) and it ramps up the throttle pedal commanded percentage (which also increases engine response but its electronically- like a built in "throttle commander")

Should not be a difference with boost pressure unless your tuned and the tune is set up this way.

either sport or normal setting the car will still be using the targetted torque table so overall max output would remain the same/similar....just would come on sooner overall.

Passleft

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi Pops! Thank you for posting this! I'm a crazy young 50 year-old that just picked up a 2020 Si sedan. I've had Firebirds, an S2000, 350+ HP Volvo... I'm enjoying being back in a fun little stick shift car that I can toss around too. Reading through this thread I think this may be my next upgrade too!

One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread was replacing the rear engine mount. This is a common issue that causes the shifts to feel a little sloppy. I got a Hasport U70A and it quickly tightened up the shifts and stopped the wheel hop when "moving forward aggressively..."

There are a couple out there, but I liked the various options with this one.

https://hasportperformance.com/product/fcrr/

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi Pops! Thank you for posting this! I'm a crazy young 50 year-old that just picked up a 2020 Si sedan. I've had Firebirds, an S2000, 350+ HP Volvo... I'm enjoying being back in a fun little stick shift car that I can toss around too. Reading through this thread I think this may be my next upgrade too!

One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread was replacing the rear engine mount. This is a common issue that causes the shifts to feel a little sloppy. I got a Hasport U70A and it quickly tightened up the shifts and stopped the wheel hop when "moving forward aggressively..."

There are a couple out there, but I liked the various options with this one.

https://hasportperformance.com/product/fcrr/
Pops here .... funny u should mention wheel hop .... only happened once and I wasn't too sure what it was but reading your thread I thinking that's it ! and YES its a blast to be back in a small rocket with a six speed ... been driving a RAM 1500 for the past 9 years and the Civic Si is much welcomed and needed change.
Txs Paul will stay in touch ... John aka Pops

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sad to say dude but ...... 66 ...... and feeling bout 45 ..... the civic was a a big part of that lol. I'm assuming I can just do Stage 2 for now, and when the weather and roads get better , do the rest?
Have to get educated as to what exactly the Ktuner is ? Had a performance "Chip" in my last mustang GT .... nice !!!!
Still playing around with the Sport Mode in the SI .... love it !!!!
Will Keep in Touch and txs for the input !!!
The Ktuner basically flashes your ECU for better performance and also reliability. Companies such as Phearable and TSP offer different software solutions for the Ktuner hardware. So in my case I'm running the Phearable tune.

It comes with 3 maps, mild to wild! As I previously mentioned, even in Map 1 with Sport Mode turned off the car pulls much better and the shifting lurch during acceleration is much less noticeable, which my wife loves.

There are a whole LOT of thread here with more info.

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The Ktuner basically flashes your ECU for better performance and also reliability. Companies such as Phearable and TSP offer different software solutions for the Ktuner hardware. So in my case I'm running the Phearable tune.

It comes with 3 maps, mild to wild! As I previously mentioned, even in Map 1 with Sport Mode turned off the car pulls much better and the shifting lurch during acceleration is much less noticeable, which my wife loves.

There are a whole LOT of thread here with more info.
Thanks for the input Mark re:Ktune, something to look forward too in the summer .... Question: does this tune mess with any basic performance parameters installed by Honda or this a seamless enhancement blending well with everything else under the hood ?

Txs again, Pops

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the input Mark re:Ktune, something to look forward too in the summer .... Question: does this tune mess with any basic performance parameters installed by Honda or this a seamless enhancement blending well with everything else under the hood ?

Txs again, Pops
I'm no expert;), but it changes certain performance parameters yet has seemed very seamless to me. Definitely worth reading up on, there's a reliability survey here in the forums for example.
Sponsored