Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hi , New here ....... my Name is John, you can call me "Pops" as I am most likely significantly older than you guys/gals. Just sold my RAM 1500 and bought a (used) 2018 Si . Damn what a difference !!!
Previous owner obviously took very good care of the car. I Had GT Mustangs in the past, thought they were quick, the Si is like driving a rocket with a Six speed attached LOL.

Question:
looking to replace the current OEM shifter with the Acuity Shift Kit .... It appears the acuity shifter components are all sold ala Carte ????.... and I am probably interpreting what I am reading incorrectly. So my question is can I purchase a COMPLETE, all inclusive kit, with bushings, bearings, Springs , shifter hardware ETC ?

Be kind .... I Haven't taken my Prevagen today - Pops
Hey pops, welcome on board! The Si can definitely scoot :)

If you want to just get a taste for a better feeling OEM+ style shifter, Stage 1 by Acuity retains the factory Si shifter, and the includes 3 upgrades:

- Shifter Cable Bushings (Top)
- Shifter Centering Spring (Bottom Left)
- Shifter Base Bushings (Bottom Right)

https://unity-performance.com/products/10th-gen-civic-stage-1-shift-kit
Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Shifter Kits 1614204254112

Stage 2 also retains the OEM Si shifter, and if you're seeking the best possible feel and reduction in throw without changing the whole assembly then this definitely puts it up there with some of the best OEM manual transmission shifters you can find at any price point vehicle. Stage 2 adds the following in addition to above Stage 1 parts:

- Shifter Rocker Upgrade (Top Left)
- Short Throw Adapter (Bottom Left)

https://unity-performance.com/products/10th-gen-civic-stage-2-shift-kit-for-non-fk8s
Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Shifter Kits 1614204624747

Before jumping to Stage 3, Acuity also offers their Fully Adjustable Shifter as a standalone which is a complete metal assembly, and the parts you see above are further improved to create one of the best aftermarket shifters for any platform out there, period. You wouldn't be able to take the parts from Stage 1 and 2, they vary ever to slightly. It's quite a price jump, but you get in return complete adjustability of how you want your shifter to feel and perform.

https://unity-performance.com/products/acuity-adjustable-short-shifter-all-mt-civic
Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Shifter Kits 1614204921327

Stage 3 Acuity is simply the full shifter, plus the Shifter Cable Bushings that are installed on top of the transmission. I've personally been using the Stage 3 setup for nearly 2 years now on my Si, and it's a joy! We tested it side by side with a competing brand for over a year, and came out with Acuity as the one we prefer. The build quality, adjustability and performance, and customer support from Acuity as a customer and dealer is fantastic.

https://unity-performance.com/products/10th-gen-civic-stage-3-shift-kit-all-6mt-civic
Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Shifter Kits 1614205239197

Overall, I think you'll be really happy with Stage 2 if you wanted to get the most out of the factory shifter. It is quite a price jump to get the standalone shifter or Stage 3, but if you would like to knock out the best possible experience in one shot then feel free to go for that!

Let us know if you have any questions :)

Cheers,

Humza

Reactions: VAN

oilerlw8

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
60 year old grandfather of 2 here (and pretty much drive like it), 2018 Si coupe, went from the Acuity Short Throw Adapter and Centering Spring to the entire shifter assembly, mostly on the advice from Todd at Acuity and for me, it was worth every penny. Something that's used every time you drive, it makes the shifting so solid and positive, makes you really look forward to driving the car...FWIW...

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you have the money to spend I would suggest getting the stage 3 kit so you can add a lot of customization to your shifter. I personally went with stage 2 kit and I can say it feels great and saved me money.

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you have the money to spend I would suggest getting the stage 3 kit so you can add a lot of customization to your shifter. I personally went with stage 2 kit and I can say it feels great and saved me money.
Def an alternate to the whole kit but in the mean time I'll keeping socking away the $$$ for door #3 .... if I cant wait, Ill jump choice#2

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey pops, welcome on board! The Si can definitely scoot :)

If you want to just get a taste for a better feeling OEM+ style shifter, Stage 1 by Acuity retains the factory Si shifter, and the includes 3 upgrades:

- Shifter Cable Bushings (Top)
- Shifter Centering Spring (Bottom Left)
- Shifter Base Bushings (Bottom Right)

https://unity-performance.com/products/10th-gen-civic-stage-1-shift-kit
1614204254112.png

Stage 2 also retains the OEM Si shifter, and if you're seeking the best possible feel and reduction in throw without changing the whole assembly then this definitely puts it up there with some of the best OEM manual transmission shifters you can find at any price point vehicle. Stage 2 adds the following in addition to above Stage 1 parts:

- Shifter Rocker Upgrade (Top Left)
- Short Throw Adapter (Bottom Left)

https://unity-performance.com/products/10th-gen-civic-stage-2-shift-kit-for-non-fk8s
1614204624747.png

Before jumping to Stage 3, Acuity also offers their Fully Adjustable Shifter as a standalone which is a complete metal assembly, and the parts you see above are further improved to create one of the best aftermarket shifters for any platform out there, period. You wouldn't be able to take the parts from Stage 1 and 2, they vary ever to slightly. It's quite a price jump, but you get in return complete adjustability of how you want your shifter to feel and perform.

https://unity-performance.com/products/acuity-adjustable-short-shifter-all-mt-civic
1614204921327.png

Stage 3 Acuity is simply the full shifter, plus the Shifter Cable Bushings that are installed on top of the transmission. I've personally been using the Stage 3 setup for nearly 2 years now on my Si, and it's a joy! We tested it side by side with a competing brand for over a year, and came out with Acuity as the one we prefer. The build quality, adjustability and performance, and customer support from Acuity as a customer and dealer is fantastic.

https://unity-performance.com/products/10th-gen-civic-stage-3-shift-kit-all-6mt-civic
1614205239197.png

Overall, I think you'll be really happy with Stage 2 if you wanted to get the most out of the factory shifter. It is quite a price jump to get the standalone shifter or Stage 3, but if you would like to knock out the best possible experience in one shot then feel free to go for that!

Let us know if you have any questions :)

Cheers,

Humza
Yeah I hear what your saying .......... def leaning towards the whole kit #3. :beer:Txs for the input appreciate it

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
"throttle response" would probably be more accurate
My 2Cents - def throttle response and slight boost in HP but with all the snow here on Long Island not many clean dry roads currently to experiment on !!

OP
OP

Pops 2018 Si

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
60 year old grandfather of 2 here (and pretty much drive like it), 2018 Si coupe, went from the Acuity Short Throw Adapter and Centering Spring to the entire shifter assembly, mostly on the advice from Todd at Acuity and for me, it was worth every penny. Something that's used every time you drive, it makes the shifting so solid and positive, makes you really look forward to driving the car...FWIW...
See !! we are never to old for a cheap thrill and a fast car. Txs for your input Oiler and pursuing the Kit #3 currently saving my $$ until then its great to be driving a stick again :cool:

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
"throttle response" would probably be more accurate
I switched back and forth on my way home from work yesterday, and did notice a little difference in throttle response. It's not a huge enough difference to slap you in the face, but it is there. But you almost have to pay attention to it to notice it.

Previously I had compared boost pressure, and have seen maybe a pound or two difference between normal and sport, i.e., 17 vs 19 PSI. Or, maybe I'm just crazy.

And instead of piping sound into the cabin, I wish it would pipe the sound outside. ?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do it right the first time and save up for the full kit, pops!

Learn from my mistakes. I originally had the stage 2 kit and it left me wanting for more, so I then bought the full shifter like a month later.

It is a beauty for sure:

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Shifter Kits 20200630_130447

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've had the full assembly installed for a little over two years now. The ability to set the throw length, gate spacing, and knob height/position all within perfect reach for the length of my arm has really improved the driving experience for me.

A few consumer tips in case you haven't already come across these:
1) The Acuity shifter is much stiffer than most factory shift assemblies. This thing is built to take track abuse, so it requires a little more muscle to row through the gears. That said, it loosens up a little over time into a really comfortable level of resistance.
2) Acuity's customer service is excellent. They want you to be happy with their product and it shows if/when you ever need to call on them for help.
3) Unity Performance (formerly CanadiaegeanBlue) has been a class act on this forum for years, long before becoming a vendor here. Sometimes you get the feeling a person is just being nice because they have something to sell, but I can tell you the evidence is heavily in favor of Unity Performance just being a genuinely good person who has always wanted to see this community grow and thrive.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had the full assembly installed for a little over two years now. The ability to set the throw length, gate spacing, and knob height/position all within perfect reach for the length of my arm has really improved the driving experience for me.

A few consumer tips in case you haven't already come across these:
1) The Acuity shifter is much stiffer than most factory shift assemblies. This thing is built to take track abuse, so it requires a little more muscle to row through the gears. That said, it loosens up a little over time into a really comfortable level of resistance.
2) Acuity's customer service is excellent. They want you to be happy with their product and it shows if/when you ever need to call on them for help.
3) Unity Performance (formerly CanadiaegeanBlue) has been a class act on this forum for years, long before becoming a vendor here. Sometimes you get the feeling a person is just being nice because they have something to sell, but I can tell you the evidence is heavily in favor of Unity Performance just being a genuinely good person who has always wanted to see this community grow and thrive.
In addition to agreeing with point 1 and 2, point 3 just made my day ? thank you brother!

Definitely more active on the brand page recently, but of course not forgetting that my roots are this account, the build thread, all the friends I've made over the years, and of course Blue being my trusty companion for over 3 years now. CivicX is to credit for a ton of learning, and support from the community that helped grow the brand from a small bedroom operation with 3 items to sell, to now having a growing store of parts that I've tested and can put my name to :)

The Acuity Shifter just to add to the topic is a masterpiece, and honestly one of my Top 5 mods on Blue the last 3 years I've been building the car. I took her out of storage on Satrday, and have been thoroughly enjoying rowing gears again; this time with the shift boot removed so I can make changes on the fly...I kid you not I have a 5mm Allen in the cupholder that I'm using to even change rod height at stoplights, LOL!

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Shifter Kits DSC_2041.JPG

Thank you again for the kind words! I give my honest take on things always to continually serve the community that has supported my growth :)

Cheers,

Humza
Sponsored