Acuity Shifter Kits

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
I am intrigued by the stock CTR kit. I think this will allow me to use my ESCO knob at the same height as the POCO or close once it's all done. I think the shift difference will be minor after review. And it it will sit closer to hand. The ESCO knob I have is the (delirin?) white one which doesn't heat up or get so cold. And looks ace. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I did the CTR shifter install yesterday, swapped the Acuity base bushings, centering spring and rocker upgrade from my shifter, and what a difference! Although to be fair, I discovered that the 2 rear bushings on my original install weren't tightened enough:eek::eek::eek::eek:. The shifting is much more consistent now (consistently very good!).

Branden87

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I did the CTR shifter install yesterday, swapped the Acuity base bushings, centering spring and rocker upgrade from my shifter, and what a difference! Although to be fair, I discovered that the 2 rear bushings on my original install weren't tightened enough:eek::eek::eek::eek:. The shifting is much more consistent now (consistently very good!).
Nice! I'm looking to possibly put a CTR shifter on my 2020 Si as well... have that part # handy?

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice! I'm looking to possibly put a CTR shifter on my 2020 Si as well... have that part # handy?
Here you go:

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
54100-TGH-G01​
Lever Sub-Assembly, Change​
$36.61​
1​
$36.61

Use promo code 10OFF for 10% of the shipping charge.

Install tips: I printed out the Acuity install guide for installing their shifter, it's a great and handy reference. I also recommend watching the video as it helps for the trickier parts.

I put the removed screws in bags labeled with the corresponding install guide page number, really helped when putting things back together. I also put a shop towel under the carpet on each side of the shifter as previously I had one of the bushings go under there and I was lucky to find it without having to remove the seats and carpet! You also might want to take a picture of the wiring connections for the shifter area, I clipped one in the wrong hole and wasn't able put it in it's original location. Fortunately, it wasn't something that was actually used in my car.

Also, this might seem silly, but make sure the console armrest is down when you are removing the rear section of the console. This wasn't shown in the guide and on my previous install I scratched the hell out of the plastic in the back of the console because that section wouldn't come out. Whoops.

Finally, if you're going to be doing all that work, I highly recommend replacing the centering spring and rocker with the Acuity parts.

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Did the change from the stock LX shifter assembly with all of the Stage 2 Acuity bits. Installed the CTR shifter assembly, part number supplied above by brother WF19. I'm extremely happy. The CTR kit definitely sits your shift knob lower. I'd estimate about an inch. Noted also migrating the parts from the original modded kit to the CTR, the difference in the shift extension was minimal. To confirm, a stock setup with the Acuity short shift adaptor is a tighter gate. BUT, the CTR top lever sits lower, and has a more direct lower cable angle and shift position. It is an effortless shift and I think from seeing the cables and such work, optimally designed for our cars. Now having said this, the short shift adaptor is like all Acuity parts. A work of art. I gave up that to put my white ESCO shift knob back on and its ace. :) Acuity is the Rolls Royce of aftermarket manufacturers. The CTR kit with their parts is the bomb. So was their stock stage 2 setup, but the CTR sits lower, shifts more easily and is just ace. Sharing for what it's worth. I will have a POCO and short shift adaptor for sale. :)

Pop's, this is a really excellent setup brother. Sharing to make the decision even harder. One thing though; you cannot lose with Acuity. Best to you in your choice. ?

Last edited:

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did the change from the stock LX shifter assembly with all of the Stage 2 Acuity bits. Installed the CTR shifter assembly, part number supplied above by brother WF19. I'm extremely happy. The CTR kit definitely sits your shift knob lower. I'd estimate about an inch. Noted also migrating the parts from the original modded kit to the CTR, the difference in the shift extension was minimal. To confirm, a stock setup with the Acuity short shift adaptor is a tighter gate. BUT, the CTR top lever sits lower, and has a more direct lower cable angle and shift position. It is an effortless shift and I think from seeing the cables and such work, optimally designed for our cars. Now having said this, the short shift adaptor is like all Acuity parts. A work of art. I gave up that to put my white ESCO shift knob back on and its ace. :) Acuity is the Rolls Royce of aftermarket manufacturers. The CTR kit with their parts is the bomb. So was their stock stage 2 setup, but the CTR sits lower, shifts more easily and is just ace. Sharing for what it's worth. I will have a POCO and short shift adaptor for sale. :)

Pop's, this is a really excellent setup brother. Sharing to make the decision even harder. One thing though; you cannot lose with Acuity. Best to you in your choice

Pop's, this is a really excellent setup brother. Sharing to make the decision even harder. One thing though; you cannot lose with Acuity. Best to you in your choice. ?
I think the best way to describe the difference between the Si shifter with Acuity upgrades and the CTR shifter with Acuity upgrades is that with the Si shifter I constantly had to think about my shifts, and in some cases (especially the 2nd to 3rd shift) almost had to force it. Don't get me wrong, it was better than stock,but there was usually a resistance there. With the CTR shifter, it really is so much easier and precise.

Now again, as I mentioned in my previous posting, while removing the Si shifter, I discovered that the two rear bolts weren't nearly tight enough and this may have caused some of these issues, but for $48, the CTR shifter is an incredibly inexpensive upgrade. I'm actually curios as to why Honda didn't just use this shifter on all their manual Civics -- I understand the need to differentiate the Sport from the Si from the CTR, but I think the engines and supensions do that well enough.

To put it in more perspective, I tried the Amsoil transmission fluid swap -- didn't notice ANY difference in shifting. I installed Perrin rear motor mount inserts and noticed some reduced shifting effort and a bit greater precision (and this is an inexpensive and easy upgrade) and of course the aforementioned Acuity upgrades which were a definite improvement in shifting feel. The CTR shifter upgrade with the Acuity parts is an order of magnitude better than any of my previous upgrades.

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Brother WF19, I think you nailed it here. Really well said and called out. The 2nd to 3rd shift you can basically will it in. Push diagonally and it goes every time. With the stock setup with extender, more notchy. Always felt I had to place it. All of the shifts now are like that. ;)

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
This setup is the best manual shift I have ever enjoyed. I'm sixty and always a fan of small cars. Long story there but an excellent first step is doing the CTR upgrade, and if you can also do ensure to get the Acuity goodies. WOW. Slick and sexy.
Sponsored