Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
So what’s the difference between the 17-19 an 2020 shifter assembly? Cause I have this thing I bought from someone on here just laying around debating about install or selling lol

1B95B87F-685F-45C4-8FB3-838E13A32635.jpeg
Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Rocker and Center Spring Installed with '20 Type R Shifter DSC_2196.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
So what’s the difference between the 17-19 an 2020 shifter assembly? Cause I have this thing I bought from someone on here just laying around debating about install or selling lol

1B95B87F-685F-45C4-8FB3-838E13A32635.jpeg
The '20 Type R is little short and closer ratio. I have not tried the '17-'19 and cannot comment. I got a new job last Autumn closer to home and took a pay-cut. So for the price of thr '20 Shifter it was an awesome bargin mod:)

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Just ordered mine this morning. Can't wait til it gets here, and thanks for making this a package deal!
@Unity Performance FINALLY got my goodies yesterday... man, it was agonizing waiting for two weeks to arrive from Canada. :mad:;) I know it's not you're fault... shipping was QUICK, but delivery... ugh!

Put the purty bits on last night, and will swap the shifters out this weekend. ? Thanks again for putting this package together, it's just what us MT guys and gals need!

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Rocker and Center Spring Installed with '20 Type R Shifter IMG_0126

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
@Unity Performance FINALLY got my goodies yesterday... man, it was agonizing waiting for two weeks to arrive from Canada. :mad:;) I know it's not you're fault... shipping was QUICK, but delivery... ugh!

Put the purty bits on last night, and will swap the shifters out this weekend. ? Thanks again for putting this package together, it's just what us MT guys and gals need!

IMG_0126.jpg
Awesome, glad you got it! There was a Canada Post to USPS cross-border exchange delay, all seems to be good now!

You'll really enjoy it! I go back and forth between my Si with the Acuity Shifter, and CTR with this kit - for half the price it's really a great value :)

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome, glad you got it! There was a Canada Post to USPS cross-border exchange delay, all seems to be good now!

You'll really enjoy it! I go back and forth between my Si with the Acuity Shifter, and CTR with this kit - for half the price it's really a great value :)
What a difference!

The Type R shifter alone would be a great upgrade, but with the Acuity add-ons, it's amazing! I was concerned that it might be a little too stiff and notchy before it went in the car, but it's not. Nice, clean shifts with greatly reduced free play, and the throw and gate spacing are perfect!

The only pain in the ass was getting the damned little gate cable clip back on with my fat fingers. ?

OP
OP

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
What a difference!

The Type R shifter alone would be a great upgrade, but with the Acuity add-ons, it's amazing! I was concerned that it might be a little too stiff and notchy before it went in the car, but it's not. Nice, clean shifts with greatly reduced free play, and the throw and gate spacing are perfect!

The only pain in the ass was getting the damned little gate cable clip back on with my fat fingers. ?
That's the reason I went with the same set up. I wanted a short shifter but without the stiffness and retain oem comfort. I have been driving far every weekend to be with my ailing Mom. Driving far adds some fun with the shifter upgrades while I visit Mom.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's the reason I went with the same set up. I wanted a short shifter but without the stiffness and retain oem comfort. I have been driving far every weekend to be with my ailing Mom. Driving far adds some fun with the shifter upgrades while I visit Mom.
Sorry to hear about your mom.