First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Update

Full shifter installed today, took about 3 hours or so I think start to finish. feels great, i set knob height to about 2. gate spacing to about the middle and the throw distance to between about 3 and 4. feels great, sturdy and direct. 5/5

Didn't get around to the cable bushings yet. after finishing the shifter I breezed through the cable bushing install video and was like "fuck that I'm done for today" lol ill get to it tomorrow or this weekend. ales will be nice to see if I can feel a difference between shifter and shifter + cable bushings.

yea i saw the bushing install and was like "nope! i refuse" so i waited until i had the car apart to install it since i already had the intercoolers and intake on order. once its apart its a <10min job.

once the shifter breaks-in in about 1week of driving, the shifter really shines. you wont regret it
Sponsored

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
yea i saw the bushing install and was like "nope! i refuse" so i waited until i had the car apart to install it since i already had the intercoolers and intake on order. once its apart its a <10min job.

once the shifter breaks-in in about 1week of driving, the shifter really shines. you wont regret it
I did the same thing. Then I decided I needed to change the charge-pipe and transmission fluid. Perfect excuse. The bushings with the full shifter upgrade made such a huge difference. I really thought it couldn't get any better than the shifter, boy was I wrong.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I did the same thing. Then I decided I needed to change the charge-pipe and transmission fluid. Perfect excuse. The bushings with the full shifter upgrade made such a huge difference. I really thought it couldn't get any better than the shifter, boy was I wrong.
Thanks for sharing! Some people really notice the cable bushings, other less so. I believe it depends a lot on how you shift and how much you're looking for the changes. The change is most noticeable with hard shifts where you're paying attention to the feel of the end of the shift. Or at least, that's my take on it. The change is most noticeable at the end of the shift where it feels more like hitting a rigid "wall" instead of something more spongy.

Side note: Saw you had an '06 RSX, not sure if you saw, but we just released 2 new shifters for the RSX/RSX-S last week. Worth a peek! :)

~Russ

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
If it breaks in or feels any better after another week or two, that will be wild. Continually surprised by how good it feels. Let a buddy with an 05 STI drive it last night who also builds and drives drag mustangs and he was mind boggled at the feel and throw. Dare say Subaru guy might be seeing the light.

update when bushings are in!

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! Some people really notice the cable bushings, other less so. I believe it depends a lot on how you shift and how much you're looking for the changes. The change is most noticeable with hard shifts where you're paying attention to the feel of the end of the shift. Or at least, that's my take on it. The change is most noticeable at the end of the shift where it feels more like hitting a rigid "wall" instead of something more spongy.

Side note: Saw you had an '06 RSX, not sure if you saw, but we just released 2 new shifters for the RSX/RSX-S last week. Worth a peek! :)

~Russ
You caught me Iā€˜m a brute, heh. I started modding Hondaā€™s when they had solid shift linkage so I personally like feeling when the mechanisms engage. Iā€™ve never ever ground a gear with solid linkageā€”except maybe for reverse.

I did see the shifter for the RSX-S. Sadly, I think itā€™s time for me to part ways with the RSX.
Sponsored