First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next time I remove my console and everything to get at my shifter I might time myself. I think next time will be the fourth time lol. Thanks for the feedback as well guys. Cheers.
Sponsored

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback fellas.
Probably going to gonwith the bushings as well, might as well do it all at once and like I said, if im already spending 480 whats anothe 50 bucks, right?
Also thanks for chiming in @ACUITY, glad to know you got your eyes on the forums here!
It's tough to stay on top of all topics in the forums, but we try to make sure we reply to anything about our stuff whenever we can. When in doubt, you guys are always encouraged to reach out via the contact us form on our site. Normally we reply to messages in less than a business day, and we've got a bunch of bright guys running the inbox who are very good at helping with installs, troubleshooting, etc. :)

~Russ

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
Tonight I just broke my locking tab on my gear shifting cable grommet. Everything though looks secure and tight. Has anybody else done this? I assembled everything back and didn’t continue with the gate cable and I got scared off. Can I leave as is?
I did the same thing and here's how I fixed it...I just drilled two holes for some M3 screws and nuts and problem solved...

Absolutely fabulous shifter!

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Questions.... IMG_20200903_171843072

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Questions.... IMG_20200903_171851140

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Questions.... IMG_20200903_171837671

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I did the same thing and here's how I fixed it...I just drilled two holes for some M3 screws and nuts and problem solved...

Absolutely fabulous shifter!

IMG_20200903_171843072.jpg

IMG_20200903_171851140.jpg

IMG_20200903_171837671.jpg
Acuity should consider this and pre drill holes on the shifter. Broken tab people can easily fix the issue than changing the cable :D

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
Acuity should consider this and pre drill holes on the shifter. Broken tab people can easily fix the issue than changing the cable :D
Yeah right! It's just a flimsy piece of plastic that if you're not familiar with this and just how to exactly release it it can break easily. As just a suggestion I would use socket head cap screws instead of the button head screws that I used. The SHCS is much easier to tighten without stripping the head...i just used what I had in stock. I also drilled in a location as to align the holes such that the grooves in large plastic grommet would captivate the nut.

Jimsta303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm sure this is too late to be helpful... but if you plan to track your car regularly I think the full stage 3 is the way to go. I was getting lock out in my 2020 CW downshifting from 5th to 4th, a scary thing to happen when your going 120 mph before the next corner. No more lock out with the new shifter.

The break in period is REAL. It was way way way too stiff. I was damning the shifter to hell for two whole weeks before it really started loosening up. I was even contemplating putting back my OEM shifter before the next track day. It shifts beautifully now. Going into 5th gear from 4th took the longest to unstiffen. I would put the car in 5th gear overnight for a week to help with the breaking in.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
I'm sure this is too late to be helpful... but if you plan to track your car regularly I think the full stage 3 is the way to go. I was getting lock out in my 2020 CW downshifting from 5th to 4th, a scary thing to happen when your going 120 mph before the next corner. No more lock out with the new shifter.

The break in period is REAL. It was way way way too stiff. I was damning the shifter to hell for two whole weeks before it really started loosening up. I was even contemplating putting back my OEM shifter before the next track day. It shifts beautifully now. Going into 5th gear from 4th took the longest to unstiffen. I would put the car in 5th gear overnight for a week to help with the breaking in.

no plans to track as of yet... but who knows down the road!

I pulled the trigger and it should be arriving today sometime. going to be antsy to get it installed but i ordered a red alcantara shift boot from Redline Goods, so I'm going to have to wait for that to get it all done at once to make it simple... Hurry up!

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
How are these setups in terms of NVH versus stock? Are there additional vibrations transmitted to the cabin?

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
How are these setups in terms of NVH versus stock? Are there additional vibrations transmitted to the cabin?
Increased vibrations is negligible IMO, but I also have an aftermarket exhaust so take that with a grain of salt.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I've not noticed any issues, but I have had it fitted for a long while now.

On the UK car at least, there is a wiring loom (or two? Can't fully remember!) which cannot be clipped onto the Acuity assembly (They clip to OE for vibration prevention) - I simply tesa-taped these to the center console support bracket to prevent any loose rattling.

The shifter itself, despite being solidly mounted to the chassis, does not vibrate unduly - I've never noticed any vibrations, and it's not a hand rest.

To be honest, Installing the assembly is a good opportunity to make NVH improvements to the center console - I took the time to tesa up some of the ambient light fittings which rattled in place; If I was opening it up again I'd be inclined to line the center console with sound deadening material to give it a more solid feel, and perhaps foam tape / tesa tape some of the joins to ensure they're solid and free of vibration.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Pardon my ignorance, but with most professional reviews saying the stock CTR manual transmission is arguably the best in any car, what specific areas to the aftermarket improvements target? It's already so smooth, direct, and notchy it's hard to imagine it being better!

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I thought the same, but the Acuity bushings alone had such a good impact on my 9G, that I thought I'd give it a shot - And I'm very pleased.

I've configured it with similar (slightly shorter) throw to the OEM, and it's perfect:- It feels far more direct and just plainly better - It's like sticking your hand in the box and gently massaging the cogs into place by hand :p - Not just that, the frame is far more solid which nearly completely removes any slack in the system making it feel 100% certain.

It's not just me either; I've had two other FK8 owners with the standard transmission get in the car and try it (without even moving) and the reaction has been "wow - I know what I'm buying next, that's really impressive"

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
Update

Full shifter installed today, took about 3 hours or so I think start to finish. feels great, i set knob height to about 2. gate spacing to about the middle and the throw distance to between about 3 and 4. feels great, sturdy and direct. 5/5

Didn't get around to the cable bushings yet. after finishing the shifter I breezed through the cable bushing install video and was like "fuck that I'm done for today" lol ill get to it tomorrow or this weekend. ales will be nice to see if I can feel a difference between shifter and shifter + cable bushings.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Didn't get around to the cable bushings yet. after finishing the shifter I breezed through the cable bushing install video and was like "fuck that I'm done for today"
If you've got dainty hands, you can do the install just by removing the intake and giving the transmission bushings a bit of a reach around. I Managed it in ~30mins or so, so still a fair sight quicker than taking out all of the piping etc. :)

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ScubaLou, this should also help when you tackle it:

Acuity shifter cable bushings Post #30,

Didn't get around to the cable bushings yet. after finishing the shifter I breezed through the cable bushing install video and was like "fuck that I'm done for today" lol ill get to it tomorrow or this weekend. ales will be nice to see if I can feel a difference between shifter and shifter + cable bushings.
Sponsored