Acuity Cable Bushing owners, couple questions

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
For anyone that's installed the Acuity cable bushings in their R, what all did you remove to install? Just the battery and intake or what Acuity recommends, battery, intake and charge pipe?

And how would you rate the mod in terms of feel and improving shifting over the stock bushings? Thanks.
Sponsored

IjustwantaTypeR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX 2015, CTR 2018
Country flag
When I was installing mines, I had to removed the battery and also the intake for better reach on the bushings. However, it was still a struggle taking them off. I'd rate the mod 9/10, shift is more precise now and halfway through every shift into gear, it feel like it get suck into place.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But you didn't have to remove the charge pipe? That's good then. Did you work them out without removing the C clamps on the shifter linkage or just super careful not to bend them when installing? The less to take off the better!

When I was installing mines, I had to removed the battery and also the intake for better reach on the bushings. However, it was still a struggle taking them off. I'd rate the mod 9/10, shift is more precise now and halfway through every shift into gear, it feel like it get suck into place.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
But you didn't have to remove the charge pipe? That's good then. Did you work them out without removing the C clamps on the shifter linkage or just super careful not to bend them when installing? The less to take off the better!
I also only needed to take out the battery and intake. I did not have to remove the C clips holding the cables. I had enough room to work with.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
I only removed battery on my Si. Could not get off the C clips or whatever was holding the cables in place. They are AMAZEBALLS. Took a 7/10 shifter to 9.5/10.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea I remember the SI was little bit easier to work with because the area to work with was bigger. Nice to know I don't have to remove C Clips either. Like I said, less to remove the better. Just don't wanna bend anything. Can't wait for their full shifter to come out as well.

I only removed battery on my Si. Could not get off the C clips or whatever was holding the cables in place. They are AMAZEBALLS. Took a 7/10 shifter to 9.5/10.

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Did not remove the battery on my R you can get to them without removing it. The inside bushings require the whole center console to come out. Make sure you buy the interior tool removal kit they sale you will need it.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
The Acuity install video on the non-R civics looks ok but the cable bushings are further back with much less space to work with on the Type R. I didn't think my back could survive the install. I hope I can eventually find someone to install them for me.

FlaDiaz22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #00418
Country flag
I use hybrid racing cable bushings and base bushings. Removed battery, that is it. you can remove charge pipe to give you more room.

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Cable Bushing owners, couple questions IMG-5741.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Cable Bushing owners, couple questions IMG-5747.JPG

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I will remove the charge pipe too...I tried to install it the other day, but saw the charge pipe in the way, so I put the battery back in and decided to wait till my Eventuri get here and do everything at the same time.

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
I use hybrid racing cable bushings and base bushings. Removed battery, that is it. you can remove charge pipe to give you more room.

IMG-5741.JPG

IMG-5747.JPG
Man thatā€™s a tight squeeze, I got a bunch of Acuity and Alta stuff I gotta install this weekend, not looking forward to taking out my back. Lol

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
My lower back was definitely sore after this install, it doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m also a fatass, all I removed was the battery and intake box to do the install.

FlaDiaz22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #00418
Country flag
My lower back was definitely sore after this install, it doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m also a fatass, all I removed was the battery and intake box to do the install.
yes, this install was a pain! patience and ibuprofen lol
Sponsored