CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Hmmm guess I will have to wait and see if my Honda red leather shift knob is heavy enough.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hmmm guess I will have to wait and see if my Honda red leather shift knob is heavy enough.
It might work for you.
I just feel like a heavier knob would complete the shifter. The one i'm looking at weights 400g so it's significantly heavier than the leather knob.

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
It might work for you.
I just feel like a heavier knob would complete the shifter. The one i'm looking at weights 400g so it's significantly heavier than the leather knob.
Skunk 2 or Flossy is looking like the winners for this one.

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Just received my shifter, anyone installed one yet?
Thoughts on the new shifter?
Thank you
I got the shifter installed, I still got to put the trim and plug some stuff back in but i plugged the parking break in and went for a quick ride to test it out and oh man its awesome. Feels so fucking solid. I believe I have it set to the shortest setting. Also a side note when i went for that little test drive i had alot of CELs on. Hopefully they go away Tomorrow when I plug the stuff back in

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Plugged everything else in and no more cel. Also I was worried I would be missing shifting due to smaller gate space and shorter shift but no it feels fucking awesome.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i felt a bit iffy at max reduction on gate spacing so i just put it at middle and it seems good.

might increase the throw from like 5 to 4 or 3.5 next time i drive it and see how i like it.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
i felt a bit iffy at max reduction on gate spacing so i just put it at middle and it seems good.

might increase the throw from like 5 to 4 or 3.5 next time i drive it and see how i like it.
I highly recommend playing with all of the adjustments, as your gut is telling you already. We've designed these shifters to be capable of some very substantial reductions and changes, but the right answer isn't always the same for all drivers, and ultimately tuning the shifter should be about getting reliable, quick shifts. For each person, that can mean slightly different settings. Anyone that says "shortest throws possible are best" or anything similar regarding gates or knob height doesn't have a great appreciation for a well-balanced shift system.

Remember that you can run the center console without the lower portion (in this setup, the upper portion that holds the buttons and hvac controls is supported by the metal bracket, rearward of the shifter. If you can make sense of driving like this for a week or so while you play with the shifter's adjustments, it's highly advised. Temporarily omitting the lower part of the center console will give you full access to the shifter so you can spend a little time finding the sweet spot for you. Once you have it dialed in, toss your lower center console portion back in (by this time you'll probably be deeply missing your cupholders anyhow, haha). We did this often during shifter development to give us easier access to study the prototypes. :)

~Russ

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think this is going to be my next big mod, along with shifter cable bushings at the other end of things. Sucks it's OOS until April, but I won't be driving the car in earnest until then anyway I suppose.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Order placed. Don't want to wait but at the same time, waiting for it to get back in stock, it may just go on B/O again so I choose to at least get it ordered, lol.

OP
OP
2018ST

2018ST

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R, 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Just installed mine and bushings.
Takes some getting used to...
But still great!!!

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took longer than I expected, but my god what a difference. Haven't gotten a "finished" pic yet but my optional OEM knob now sits as low, maybe even lower than the stock knob. Tough job (for me) but very worth it.

After is a VERY different shifter feel. Shorter throws by at least 25%, set mid-way on that adjustment. Gates are closer, the feel is extremely direct. It truly does feel like a bolt action rifle after this. 4th to 5th is a little more tricky though, but I'll get used to it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Adjustable shifter lqpMrmcQrX6XdaogHNjUzMn3CLxz7J9N1jGYXkJcokBHWYUuvdnjKRDknuwraFXK-t_hBz_BlxIk3iPcrAi=w528-h937-no

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity Adjustable shifter PH1jke-z4sP2XBP-xGtSnlV7C7o2gz2e82TPZ9WT4k6-ifSslSGoDkw5TvzalhHCrAFMyGocmK48vHMSBYi=w528-h937-no

Lessons learned:

Getting the cables freed from the stock base was probably the toughest part.
Don't forget to reinstall the stock support bracket that sits behind the Acuity shifter. I did, and had to reinstall it with the console mostly back in place. That was fun
I'm not sure how this job gets done in an hour and a half. Took me 3 and I'm not exactly a beginner
Lastly, if you're tuned (KTuner) and you unplug your negative terminal before starting, you have to flash your tune again or your dash will light up like a christmas tree. I was thinking I left something unplugged but once I re-flashed, everything was fine. I was very careful about plugs and such, so I didn't think I left something off.

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
I’m looking forward to doing this. It actually looks fairly simple compared to doing similar in other cars. You want a real headache? Try installing a short shifter in an STi by yourself. Ugh what pain

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m looking forward to doing this. It actually looks fairly simple compared to doing similar in other cars. You want a real headache? Try installing a short shifter in an STi by yourself. Ugh what pain
Hehe, upon further reflection, the C's adjustable shifter we put in my EM1 Si was way tougher than this and we had a lift at that point. Most of the difficulty I encountered was self inflicted and if I did it again it would not take as long. You're going to love it if increased feel and unity with the drivetrain are your aim.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hehe, upon further reflection, the C's adjustable shifter we put in my EM1 Si was way tougher than this and we had a lift at that point. Most of the difficulty I encountered was self inflicted and if I did it again it would not take as long. You're going to love it if increased feel and unity with the drivetrain are your aim.
Our install time estimates are probably a bit off due to our familiarity, but you have me tempted to toss up a Youtube vid of us doing a time trial, as I'm pretty sure I could have an OEM shifter out and this in in 30-45min after doing it so many times. haha. Glad you're enjoying it! Love those red leather Honda knobs!
Sponsored