2018ST

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R, 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Just received my shifter, anyone installed one yet?
Thoughts on the new shifter?
Thank you
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i installed it last friday, I don't have much driving time on it yet but my current setting is:
Throw - 5, might make it 3 or 4 idk.
Gate spacing - 2
Knob height - 1

the centering springs are gonna need some getting used to because it is much stiffer. That was to be expected though cause my 9th gen SI one was the same. I had their shifter on my 9th gen SI so it was everything I already expected it to be.

Other than that, it's great. Just make sure to set the gate spacing to your liking before reinstalling all the plastics because i don't think you can get to them without removing the center console.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Any installation guide videos?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any installation guide videos?
I saw a few how to videos when looking up how to install my short shifter. I'll tell you...get ready to remove a lot, lol...more than I've ever had to remove from a honda, lol.

I'd link you to some, but I looked at various ones...none I really liked. This one, for instance, about made me sick with him moving the camera around like crazy lol :eek:

Overall, it's definitely not difficult to take apart all the panels, etc...just might feel time consuming your first time.
When I finished putting in my buddy club, I put all the panels back...then saw a cable hanging down below...lol...I forgot to connect this LED that connects to the front underside panels...luckily it was quicker the 2nd time around taking the panels off.

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed mine last week along with the shifter cable bushing on the transmission. I could not be happier with the result. It feels better than a rod-based transmission now IMO. Super solid and a true gated feel. Exactly what I was looking for. Needless to say Acuity knocked it out of the park with this one.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I installed mine last week along with the shifter cable bushing on the transmission. I could not be happier with the result. It feels better than a rod-based transmission now IMO. Super solid and a true gated feel. Exactly what I was looking for. Needless to say Acuity knocked it out of the park with this one.
What settings did you decide to use?

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Ugh I can't wait to get it sounds dope

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Height i am 2 notches up from the bottom, front to rear spacing is set one notch up from the bottom and side to side gate spacing is right in the middle. I definitely need a weighted knob after this to complete the feel. The stock one is definitely too light