Acuity 10th Gen Civic Stage 1 Shift Kit on the Type R - install tips, reviews, etc.

OP
OP
baldheadracing

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Isn't that used to restore existing threads instead of cutting new ones?
Yes, but one can get past the existing (good) threads without cutting them with the greater tolerance of a re-threading die. It isn't like the die is made with softer metal so a re-threading die will cut just fine; and minimal strength is needed so the threads do not have to be full depth.
Sponsored

jsyar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, BMW 328xi, BMW X3
Country flag
I had a similar experience with the Acuity cable and base bushings in my attempts to solve the 2nd gear grind issue. I first swapped out the shifter for the upgraded Honda shifter, which helped, but the shifting was still rubbery and I continued to have the 2nd gear grind. After driving for a couple of weeks, I tried just the cable bushings, which also improved the shifting, but the 1st to 2nd change was still not as smooth as I'd like and again, I still had the 2nd gear grind. I then removed the CDV, which again made a positive improvement. However, I still experienced the 2nd gear grind several times.

Lastly, I installed the base bushings. Honestly, I was surprised how much the base bushings helped. After all of these improvements, I really like the the shifting and I haven't had a 2nd gear grind since. It's too early to tell if this will finally resolve the grind, but I'm hopeful.

It's unfortunate that Honda didn't spend a little more attention to the shifter in the Type R.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I had a similar experience with the Acuity cable and base bushings in my attempts to solve the 2nd gear grind issue. I first swapped out the shifter for the upgraded Honda shifter, which helped, but the shifting was still rubbery and I continued to have the 2nd gear grind. After driving for a couple of weeks, I tried just the cable bushings, which also improved the shifting, but the 1st to 2nd change was still not as smooth as I'd like and again, I still had the 2nd gear grind. I then removed the CDV, which again made a positive improvement. However, I still experienced the 2nd gear grind several times.

Lastly, I installed the base bushings. Honestly, I was surprised how much the base bushings helped. After all of these improvements, I really like the the shifting and I haven't had a 2nd gear grind since. It's too early to tell if this will finally resolve the grind, but I'm hopeful.

It's unfortunate that Honda didn't spend a little more attention to the shifter in the Type R.
When people come to us referencing the standard 10th gen 2nd gear grind, we generally advise trying out the shifter rocker upgrade (often paired with our centering spring upgrade). Of all the parts we make for the OEM shifter, that one part (or our full shifter) is probably the best thing you can do to limit 2nd gear grind. We don't generally push the bushings as a solution to grinding gears during shifts as they're really just meant to reduce compliance. The rocker, however, reduces slop and improves gate locating accuracy by the driver. Also, consider switching to a knob that only lets you hold it one way. The Esco is a cylinder so that it is always held with a pistol grip. This consistent hand position improves muscle memory over the long-term, which aids in consistent shifting. :)

~Russ

Honda_Civic_

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2017 FC 5 Premium
Country flag
Selam vites topuzu nu nasıl sokebılırım . Lütfen yardım.

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity 10th Gen Civic Stage 1 Shift Kit on the Type R - install tips, reviews, etc. Screenshot_20200526-004523

Honda_Civic_

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2017 FC 5 Premium
Country flag
Please reply to the message I wrote above, how can I change the gear knob and should I use this black gear for its replacement?

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Please reply to the message I wrote above, how can I change the gear knob and should I use this black gear for its replacement?
Because we have no experience with the aftermarket option you've mentioned, we are unable to give advice with any certainty. Perhaps another user can comment.

We make something similar options that you can view here:
https://acuityinstruments.com/produ...k-aluminum-finish?_pos=8&_sid=4078af4bb&_ss=r

https://acuityinstruments.com/produ...d-aluminum-finish?_pos=7&_sid=4078af4bb&_ss=r

https://acuityinstruments.com/produ...-stainless-finish?_pos=5&_sid=4078af4bb&_ss=r

https://acuityinstruments.com/produ...-titanium-finish?_pos=10&_sid=4078af4bb&_ss=r

Honda_Civic_

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2017 FC 5 Premium
Country flag
Gönül ister sizden alışveriş yapayım.

Sizin fiyatlar cok yuksek.

Bizim ülke para değeri cok düşük o sebeble çok pahalı bize göre ?

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Gönül ister sizden alışveriş yapayım.

Sizin fiyatlar cok yuksek.

Bizim ülke para değeri cok düşük o sebeble çok pahalı bize göre ?
If it helps, we have vendors in the UK (dream auto and tegiwa) and in Singapore (volt'd). Conversion rates and pricing may be more favorable through one of them, since you'd be ordering from a different country. Sorry that we can't provide more info on this other product you've located.

~Russ

Honda_Civic_

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2017 FC 5 Premium
Country flag
If it helps, we have vendors in the UK (dream auto and tegiwa) and in Singapore (volt'd). Conversion rates and pricing may be more favorable through one of them, since you'd be ordering from a different country. Sorry that we can't provide more info on this other product you've located.

~Russ
Bu başlığı nasıl söke bilirim ?

Bunun hakkında yardım edebilir misiniz?

Attachments

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Bu başlığı nasıl söke bilirim ?

Bunun hakkında yardım edebilir misiniz?
Best suggestion is to look at the install guides on our site for the 1924 products on a 10th gen. There are some PDF guides with pictures and some video install guides. They illustrate how to disassemble that joint. Go to acuityinstruments.com/install to find the PDF's and videos. :)

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
2020 Honda OEM with Acuity on my 2019, Poco and shifter bushings. Love it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity 10th Gen Civic Stage 1 Shift Kit on the Type R - install tips, reviews, etc. 2020 shifter acuity

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity 10th Gen Civic Stage 1 Shift Kit on the Type R - install tips, reviews, etc. poco shifter

Honda Civic 10th gen Acuity 10th Gen Civic Stage 1 Shift Kit on the Type R - install tips, reviews, etc. acuity bushings

Honda_Civic_

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2017 FC 5 Premium
Country flag
Best suggestion is to look at the install guides on our site for the 1924 products on a 10th gen. There are some PDF guides with pictures and some video install guides. They illustrate how to disassemble that joint. Go to acuityinstruments.com/install to find the PDF's and videos. :)
Selam

Kılavuzu inceledim fakat benim resimde sundugum vites topuzun sökümü malesef yok ? benim vites topuzu resimdeki gibi bana bu topuzun sökülüşü lazım. Yardımcı olursanız sevinirim.

Attachments

OP
OP
baldheadracing

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag