Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm about to install a new exhaust. I was wondering how many of you guys automatically disabled the Active Sound Control or just left it on. Thanks
Sponsored

DADM0D

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R #36335, 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
I disabled it, and I don't have exhaust. I hate that fake engine noise!

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I did it a few weeks ago, and literally the only reason I can think of to keep it would be if you're having trouble hearing the engine through your helmet while tracking it. It sounds a thousand times better and less auditory fatigue without it. The best part about it is that it's literally a six screw operation and unplugging a wire harness. If you decide that you want to go back to FEN, then just plug it back in.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Disabled. No interest in artificial sound or altering the car for sound (only performance).

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Is the fake engine noise on the 2019 or just 2020?

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm going to see how it sounds with and without the active sound control.

CTRMAN

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Crystal Black FK8R
Country flag
I did it a few weeks ago, and literally the only reason I can think of to keep it would be if you're having trouble hearing the engine through your helmet while tracking it. It sounds a thousand times better and less auditory fatigue without it. The best part about it is that it's literally a six screw operation and unplugging a wire harness. If you decide that you want to go back to FEN, then just plug it back in.
is it easy to do? I need to do this!

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going to see how it sounds with and without the active sound control.
Any updates on the sound clips of with and without the ASC?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Is your intake/exhaust system completely stock? Thinking of unplugging mine but don't have the intention of doing any intake/exhaust mods.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm about to install my exhaust in a couple of days. I went with the Invidia R400. Right now I am still breaking her in, only have 310 miles on her BUT when I stick it in +R mode and rev it to 3k, it already "sucks eggs" so I am normally driving in the "Sport" mode. I have a feeling I will disconnect the Active Sound Control. I'm trying to look at the schematic hoping I can just find the wire that controls it without taking the glove box apart even though it doesn't look complicated.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, update. Just installed my R400. OMGo_O the drone on this is loud. The Active Sound Control made this exhaust super loud. I went for a drive going@ 55mph and switching the mode from "Sport" to "Comfort" and on Comfort I could barely hear the exhaust. Switching to Sport I can hear that "fake" drone. I'm going to disable mine right away. Too bad there isn't any switch for this so that if I do take this to the track later on in the future I can turn it back on, at least I won't have to drop the glove box again.
Honda Civic 10th gen Active Sound Control exhaust

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I disabled the ASC. It was easy and now it sounds wayyyy better. Taking the 2 bolts on bottom of the glove box really made it easy to drop the glove box. Funny I saw this crazy grounding point bolt that Honda used.
Honda Civic 10th gen Active Sound Control crazy grounds
Sponsored