UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
I don't really understand the need for this feature. You want to hear the exhaust note? Get catback and roll down the window.
Considering control modules tend to be fairly afforable, was hoping to save myself some money compared to a catback. And also save my neighbours patience ?
Sponsored

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I dont mind the fake sound. Everytime i hear a random 4cylinder with an exhaust im like “ah hell no”.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Considering the time, effort, and research/electronics knowledge probably required to retrofit it, installing an exhaust may be a better use of time. But since you don't like them, just get a catted downpipe + intake or something. Will open up the sound a little bit, but not enough to be super loud as long as exhaust is still stock.

(I tried living with mine and after about 500 miles, it was yanked. When you got WOT, it kinda just makes this electric whiney noise, not super nice. If you drive easy most of the time it's not too bad, but it sucked for me since I don't really tend to stay "easy")

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
When I first got the car, even a few non car enthusiast friends commented on how fake the fake engine noise sounded. It was really annoying, especially in +R mode, and was promptly yanked.