thejdoner

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Im new to the forums but glad to be part of the community. Just picked up a 2020 Si last month. I plan on going for the 27won W2 when it drops in the following months. I was wondering whether the Clutchmasters FX350 and flywheel or the ACT HD/Perf street clutch and flywheel would be a better bet. Couldn't seem to find a new thread on this topic. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
From all the posts I've seen it's ACT all the way for me. Mine is sitting in the garage waiting for install.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
NAPerformance CTR Retrofit is usually the highest recommended, followed by ACT or Competition.

I've heard overall bad things about Clutch Masters with respect to daily driving and lifetime.

OP
OP
thejdoner

thejdoner

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
NAPerformance CTR Retrofit is usually the highest recommended, followed by ACT or Competition.

I've heard overall bad things about Clutch Masters with respect to daily driving and lifetime.
Awesome thats what I'll most likely end up going with! Thank you for the help!

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Awesome thats what I'll most likely end up going with! Thank you for the help!
Do they make a retrofit for the Civic Type R? All I see on their website is a kit for for a 1.5L 10th Gen Si/Hatchback....

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drive a 2019 Si and I have the ACT sprung organic clutch and lightweight single mass flywheel. I also got the PRL stainless steel braided clutch line. It is amazing! It is a huge performance gain and is still very comfortable for daily driving

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you have a Type R then you already have a Type R clutch.
I know I have a Type R clutch but if I want to upgrade to support additional modifications/Stage II I'll want to make sure I'm installing a great and capable replacement. It sounds like NA Performance doesn't have a clutch kit for the CTR so ACT will probably be the route I'll go.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know I have a Type R clutch but if I want to upgrade to support additional modifications/Stage II and I want to make sure I'm installing a great and capable replacement. It sounds like NA Performance doesn't have a clutch kit for the CTR so ACT will probably be the route I'll go.
How much power are you planning on making? According to NAPerformance the CTR clutch is supposed to hold up to 500 hp

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Oh - definitely won't be going over 500 hp! It just didn't look like there was a CTR version of the clutch kit available - this is the only one I could find https://www.naperformanceftw.com/ctr-clutch-retro/10thgen-si-hatchback-clutch-and-flywheel-kit and it looks like it's for the 1.5L engine. Or can this one be used on the CTR?
You got it wrong. Type R clutch from Honda can hold till 500HP. If you are not going beyond it you should be fine and stick with your stock clutch. No need to upgrade at all unless you destroyed your clutch by abusing it.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oh - definitely won't be going over 500 hp! It just didn't look like there was a CTR version of the clutch kit available - this is the only one I could find https://www.naperformanceftw.com/ctr-clutch-retro/10thgen-si-hatchback-clutch-and-flywheel-kit and it looks like it's for the 1.5L engine. Or can this one be used on the CTR?
Its called a retrofit because its FROM the Type R and being RETROFITTED onto the L15 engines. You are already using the clutch that comes in the kit.

You are good to huge power levels with the clutch you have. :)

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Its called a retrofit because its FROM the Type R and being RETROFITTED onto the L15 engines. You are already using the clutch that comes in the kit.

You are good to huge power levels with the clutch you have.
Ahhhh cool. Thanks for the info! I thought that they were offering a beefed up version of the stock CTR clutch/flywheel because I've heard that the stock CTR clutch isn't up to Stage II/III mods/tuning. I've seen lots of posts about how stock clutches are slipping once mods start to get into that Stage II area. Makes sense.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ahhhh cool. Thanks for the info! I thought that they were offering a beefed up version of the stock CTR clutch/flywheel because I've heard that the stock CTR clutch isn't up to Stage II/III mods/tuning. I've seen lots of posts about how stock clutches are slipping once mods start to get into that Stage II area. Makes sense.
I'm sure some people have bad luck with weaker clutches and of course driving habits factor in. I'd focus on the mods right now and address the clutch if it becomes an issue but I would definitely think you have a fair bit of headroom.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
You got it wrong. Type R clutch from Honda can hold till 500HP. If you are not going beyond it you should be fine and stick with your stock clutch. No need to upgrade at all unless you destroyed your clutch by abusing it.
Can i use the Type R clutch on my 19 si sedan?
Sponsored