MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
A clutch job isnt cheap. What if the act clutch only lasts 10k miles. Yes their customer service will probably replace it free of cost assuming something is defective. But do you want to spend another 900 dollars to have the same clutch installed again just to wonder? Not saying this will happen but it can. And the price of you upgrading your clutch just went up exponentially.

I appreciate you guys testing out these act clutches. Because im not willing to take that risk when there is already a proven product on the market.
I will be doing my own install and 10,000 miles from my current driving record would last me at least three years.
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I will be doing my own install and 10,000 miles from my current driving record would last me at least three years.
Thats the way too do it! Saves alot of money. But that wasnt the route drew went. He wanted a reputable shop to do it and it cost him 900. So for him abd others who wont be doing their own work, its something to consider.

I dont understand your other point. You may only drive 3,xxx miles a year and yeah if it fails at 10k miles that would be a considerable time for you. Doesnt make the clutch only lasting 10k miles justified when it should last, at least, 50k miles or 15 years in your case. Youd still be doing a clutch job and using hours of your time way before you should. 10k miles may last you three years. It would last me one.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Then you might as well spend a little extra for Eman’s kit that should last you 60,000 or more miles and be like 10 years for ya

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No one has said why N1 is bad. If there is a reason that eman is better, if so let me know so I can make a decision.

OP
OP
Drew36

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thats the way too do it! Saves alot of money. But that wasnt the route drew went. He wanted a reputable shop to do it and it cost him 900. So for him abd others who wont be doing their own work, its something to consider.

I dont understand your other point. You may only drive 3,xxx miles a year and yeah if it fails at 10k miles that would be a considerable time for you. Doesnt make the clutch only lasting 10k miles justified when it should last, at least, 50k miles or 15 years in your case. Youd still be doing a clutch job and using hours of your time way before you should. 10k miles may last you three years. It would last me one.
You make a great point, the way I see it is at the time of needing a clutch for me clutchmasters was showing early failures, spec was showing weird symptoms and I was unable to get a hold of eman at the time and had past experience with ACT so that is kind of the route I decided was best for me. I already know now that the feel and overall product of this clutch is absolutely great the only real question is if it will last a long time which I was told by ACT it should last as long or if not longer that OEM. If it fails early I will consider it as a lesson learned and provide my experience to everyone for future uses.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No one has said why N1 is bad. If there is a reason that eman is better, if so let me know so I can make a decision.
Oem quality over aftermarket is always better. Hence type r retro clutch/flywheel which is oem quality. That’s why I got an exedy stage 2 clutch and exedy smf flywheel. Eman said N1 is made from China so I’ll stay clear of that

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You make a great point, the way I see it is at the time of needing a clutch for me clutchmasters was showing early failures, spec was showing weird symptoms and I was unable to get a hold of eman at the time and had past experience with ACT so that is kind of the route I decided was best for me. I already know now that the feel and overall product of this clutch is absolutely great the only real question is if it will last a long time which I was told by ACT it should last as long or if not longer that OEM. If it fails early I will consider it as a lesson learned and provide my experience to everyone for future uses.
Just to make another point is that clutchmasters, action, and spec have all failed too. People had clutches slip, destroyed their trannys because of the constant housing getting rubbed and scraped by the clutch. Hell my fx350 with oem dmf failed because it shot out my pilot bearing

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oem quality over aftermarket is always better. Hence type r retro clutch/flywheel which is oem quality. That’s why I got an exedy stage 2 clutch and exedy smf flywheel. Eman said N1 is made from China so I’ll stay clear of that
The oem cmc sucks which is why it had to be modified lol,
But seriously EMAN responded to me, first time ever, saying they are ready to ship. So I will probably go with his since I already bought a PRL clutch line.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The oem cmc sucks which is why it had to be modified lol,
But seriously EMAN responded to me, first time ever, saying they are ready to ship. So I will probably go with his since I already bought a PRL clutch line.
Like I said lol he uses and modifies only oem products

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It will be a month or two before install because of work. But I will update when done and as I progress with it. If it sucks I will let y’all know. If it’s good I will let y’all know. But I know I don’t want a stock feeling clutch. Which again is one reason I didn’t go with emans clutch, another was availability, and communication. Quality was never a factor since I hear good reviews and no bad reviews yet.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The joke being that he is modifying a supposedly bad item to start with.
TBF, the only bad part is the Si clutch itself and only the starter ring from the Si flywheel is being used. Everything else is Type R.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TBF, the only bad part is the Si clutch itself and only the starter ring from the Si flywheel is being used. Everything else is Type R.
There’s more to it than that but yeah that’s one component modified

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
There’s more to it than that but yeah that’s one component modified
Yeah, I just meant that the only thing from the Si being used is the starter ring.
Sponsored