ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
As of yesterday I finally got everything. I’m gonna do an install myself on jack stands once it’s warmer. FYI it was three months wait time to get the clutch.

95254801-EFC6-4DB7-9626-58DDB6925BCD.jpeg
Good luck since it’s gonna be on jack stands

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
As of yesterday I finally got everything. I’m gonna do an install myself on jack stands once it’s warmer. FYI it was three months wait time to get the clutch.

I'm little jalous here ... :p planning to do the same this summer!

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Got almost 10k km on it and still love, no issues and it hasn't given me gear lock out in quite a while actually and with the new knock ramp disabled on ktuner I rev it to 6k pretty often now. Stock MC and delay valve still in. I do suggest you remove it though as the clutch engagement does feel random at times and I'll prolly end up doing it at one point this spring between the work on my other vehicle and work.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I just got my amsoil mtf today. Nice!

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag

Would love to see a DYI tutorial write up for this install if you can.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would love to see a DYI tutorial write up for this install if you can.
yes I will do that, I will start a new thread. But I will also reference the other existing threads on here and the great work already done by our members, to build off of that. You can follow ig: @manitobabluesi also I’ll post stories real-time. It would be nice to also have other members IGs to follow back. I’m also going to be installing the upper hasport motor mounts at the same time. I’m doing all this work in advance of a turbo upgrade. Once the new turbo goes in I will have the entire car modded and then I will have nothing else left to mod except the driver haha.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finished my break in. No high rpm lock out. No issues to report. The clutch has been flawless so far. Paired with the usual.
KzCMC
PRL SS braided clutch line
Trans fluid changed to Amsoil MTF.

Note: I told the shop to use the provided new OEM throwout bearing. Mechanic said he tested it and felt more comfortable using the ACT throwout bearing since its designed for the clutch.
Also did not do the CDV delete.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We started providing the KZ CMC, PRL SS Line, and OEM Throw-out Bearings as an optional upgrade along with the purchase of the ACT Street Kits. About 3/4ths of the folks are going for the OEM throw-out bearing, however personally I chose to use ACT's supplied bearing for full testing.

No issues to report with the setup, the clutch kit has been a delight to use and holds the power well :)

https://unity-performance.com/products/act-hd-street-clutch-kit-civic-1-5t

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We started providing the KZ CMC, PRL SS Line, and OEM Throw-out Bearings as an optional upgrade along with the purchase of the ACT Street Kits. About 3/4ths of the folks are going for the OEM throw-out bearing, however personally I chose to use ACT's supplied bearing for full testing.

No issues to report with the setup, the clutch kit has been a delight to use and holds the power well :)

Since there is a throw out bearing provided, why would someone go for the OEM one? Is it reliability? More OEM feel?

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag

Yea it's perfect its an pain on the ass get an kzcmc so I tell to my friend get ur clutch kits with you for his hatchback sport! He bought last week do you know when you will ship it? I will maybe get mine later stock clutch still olding good ... 100k kilo now and 60k tuned .. 20k kilo on base map and 40k on tsp stage 1 map 3 alldays ?

Last edited:

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since there is a throw out bearing provided, why would someone go for the OEM one? Is it reliability? More OEM feel?
There’s been reports of the act throwout bearings going bad on other car models. I haven’t heard specifically for 10th gen civics yet but I wanted to mitigate that chance.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
There’s been reports of the act throwout bearings going bad on other car models. I haven’t heard specifically for 10th gen civics yet but I wanted to mitigate that chance.
Correct, reliability is the concern. Aftermarket throw-out bearings can be a hit or miss, so far so good with this platform. I'm hoping to put on quite some mileage this Spring and Summer, already at 3K miles without issue.

Yea it's perfect its an pain on the ass get an kzcmc so I tell to my friend get ur clutch kits with you for his hatchback sport! He bought last week do you know when you will ship it? I will maybe get mine later stock clutch still olding good ... 100k kilo now and 60k tuned .. 20k kilo on base map and 40k on tsp stage 1 map 3 alldays ?
Definitely not easy to get, we waited quite some time. ACT has been slowly rolling out clutch kits to all dealers; we got 4 kits last week, awaiting for another 4-6 next week. Every 2-3 weeks a small batch arrives so anyone ordering from us gets placed in the queue in the order in which they purchased.

The KzCMC's are all spoken for already so we've closed the orders for them - your friend managed to get one of the in-stock ones :)

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Definitely not easy to get, we waited quite some time. ACT has been slowly rolling out clutch kits to all dealers; we got 4 kits last week, awaiting for another 4-6 next week. Every 2-3 weeks a small batch arrives so anyone ordering from us gets placed in the queue in the order in which they purchased.

The KzCMC's are all spoken for already so we've closed the orders for them - your friend managed to get one of the in-stock ones :)

Yea I told him to hurry up ! Thx guys for ur support !! ?

Clemtide

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Correct, reliability is the concern. Aftermarket throw-out bearings can be a hit or miss, so far so good with this platform. I'm hoping to put on quite some mileage this Spring and Summer, already at 3K miles without issue.

I have seen that you are returning your Si to stock. How many miles did you end up having on the ACT clutch with the included throw-out bearing?
Sponsored