Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You wouldn't have any issues with lockout on a stock clutch. The issue with lockout arises when switching to an aftermarket clutch on these cars.
Unless ACT did something no one else did
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought spec was the only one with lockout issues?
Clutchmasters has it too. It is recommended that any aftermarket clutch has a modified cmc to allow more fluid to pass through that the stock one can’t

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clutchmasters has it too. It is recommended that any aftermarket clutch has a modified cmc to allow more fluid to pass through that the stock one can’t
:hmm: I don’t have that problem on my fx350 and I haven’t heard of others with that problem. I still have the stock dmf maybe it’s a sinngle mass flywheel thing?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:hmm: I don’t have that problem on my fx350 and I haven’t heard of others with that problem. I still have the stock dmf maybe it’s a sinngle mass flywheel thing?
You probably don't bang gears lol. It happens and once you change your cmc you would be like why didn't it come with this in the first place. I mean flat foot shifting is different then banging gears the right way.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You probably don't bang gears lol. It happens and once you change your cmc you would be like why didn't it come with this in the first place. I mean flat foot shifting is different then banging gears the right way.
Ahhh just realized you said “modified cmc”, I have my cdv deleted. I thought you were referring to only whole new cmc’s. Lmao sorry I was so confused.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhh just realized you said “modified cmc”, I have my cdv deleted. I thought you were referring to only whole new cmc’s. Lmao sorry I was so confused.
Modified CMC which is sold by Wilwood and Eman still have the cdv as that really has nothing to do with it other then introduce more shock to the drivetrain.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Modified CMC which is sold by Wilwood and Eman still have the cdv as that really has nothing to do with it other then introduce more shock to the drivetrain.
Well I definitely don’t have lockout when banging gears :dunno:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I definitely don’t have lockout when banging gears :dunno:
It doesn’t happen all the time lol but once you change the cmc out for a modified it is 100% different in a great way. Bet your clutch engagement is super high and or not like a normal clutch should be which is right in the middle

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
are these numbers below at the wheels or at the crank because that would make a huge difference. for instance 363 at the crank minus the 15% loss (conservative) reduces that number down by 54-ish leaving 309 at the wheels. the TSP Stage 2 tuned says 327 at the wheels so you're gonna eat it with the organic.

• Kit will be offered with multiple types of friction discs paired with a Heavy duty pressure plate.
    • Organic Disc: 363 ft lbs
    • 6-Puck (Sprung or unsprung): 464 ft lbs
one other question is the flywheel steel or aluminum?

Streetlight single-mass flywheel weighs 17.5 lbs.
  • Stock unit weighs 31.5 lbs (44% Weight loss).

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all,
My 17' Si was used as a mule car for the new ACT clutch system. Here are some specs:
  • Kit will be offered with multiple types of friction discs paired with a Heavy duty pressure plate.
    • Organic Disc: 363 ft lbs
    • 6-Puck (Sprung or unsprung): 464 ft lbs
  • Streetlight single-mass flywheel weighs 17.5 lbs.
    • Stock unit weighs 31.5 lbs (44% Weight loss).
  • Pedal effort went from ~20 lbs to 30 lbs- hardly noticeable.
  • Expected release won't be till August/September.
  • Expected cost has not been calculated as of yet.
I opted for the organic disc and have put a little over 500 miles on the clutch so far.

I cannot talk highly enough on the quality and general drive-ability of the clutch. No clutch chatter. No CEL. There isn't even a noticeable difference in operational noise that seem to plague single-mass flywheels. Revs drop more quickly now with the lightened rotating assembly. I plan on removing the clutch delay valve this weekend as well; I'll update this post once I finish. The car currently has a TSP Stage 1 tune on it. I was experiencing some slippage in 4th gear with the stock clutch. Obviously now with the ACT clutch, slippage has been eliminated. I plan on running a e85 tune in the future (Once the TSP plug-n-play kit comes back into stock).

I also had the opportunity to get a tour of their facility. They make just about everything in-house; able to maintain strict quality control on all their products. All clutch assemblies are balanced to .25 oz-in (Stock systems are usually balanced around .50 oz-in). ACT has historically striven to produce the highest quality options; never rushing to be the first manufacturer to release a product.This specific clutch has been in the works for some time now. I actually had an ACT sprung 6-puck clutch in a previous car (Mazdaspeed6)- my experience with it was great. In previous interactions, their customer service was always top-notch.

If anyone is in the market for a new clutch, I would highly recommend the ACT kit. Although it won't be released until Fall, I believe its worth the wait.

I'll keep this post updated and attempt to answer any questions.
I want the 6 Puck spring with single mass

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The wilwood CMC is available only through SPEC or do they sell it as a stand-alone part? I 've been following all clutch topics and so far, the ACT one seems to be the most promising one, given that Eman cant meet demand. In my head, his retrofit is the best way to go, since you can then source an OEM Honda FK8 clutch from anywhere. Sadly, its hard to get the parts from him.

I am also kind of confused with the CDV. Even before swapping out the clutch, I really need to either delete the CDV from the stock CMC or get myself an aftermarket CMC along with the clutch braided line by PRL. The gear changes make me sick to my stomach, as I owned 2 Type-Rs in the past and the flat-out WOT gear change was a given and a...smooth process! Definately cant say the same for the L15B.

Which is the best way to go? CDV delete or aftermarket CMC(if there are any)?

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
The wilwood CMC is available only through SPEC or do they sell it as a stand-alone part? I 've been following all clutch topics and so far, the ACT one seems to be the most promising one, given that Eman cant meet demand. In my head, his retrofit is the best way to go, since you can then source an OEM Honda FK8 clutch from anywhere. Sadly, its hard to get the parts from him.

I am also kind of confused with the CDV. Even before swapping out the clutch, I really need to either delete the CDV from the stock CMC or get myself an aftermarket CMC along with the clutch braided line by PRL. The gear changes make me sick to my stomach, as I owned 2 Type-Rs in the past and the flat-out WOT gear change was a given and a...smooth process! Definately cant say the same for the L15B.

Which is the best way to go? CDV delete or aftermarket CMC(if there are any)?
https://twostepperformance.com/spec-master-cylinder-upgrade-kit-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t/

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see on ACT’s website kits are now on sale. I asked a rep what the power holding was for stages 1-4 and all they were able to tell me was for stage 3 and 4 and said power holding was 350whp and 260wtq for both. This seemed lower than I expected and is different than what you posted. Do you know what stage your test kit corresponds to? I see they also have stage 5 and 6 but those are not recommended for daily driving. Any feedback you have is appreciated.
260wtq would be like putting another stock clutch in there. Not to mention how are you going to get to 350whp at 260wtq on a car with redline of 6500? And a turbo car at that, which makes the torque down low and can't carry it to redline? I also don't see any kits for the 2017+ on the website. Are you looking at kits for the NA cars? Then those numbers would make more sense.
Sponsored