ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Kit has arrived to me, just going to stack it up against the Retrofit I have and see which route to take, which to sell. Either will be getting paired with Eman's CMC and PRL SS Line so lockout shouldn't be an issue.

@JohnGrunwald how many miles do you have on now?

@ any others running the kit, please report your mileage as well, and any issues?
I've got the organic kit and I've got around 4,000 miles on it with TSP stage 1. I hammer on that shit like no tomorrow in map 3 and it has performed flawlessly. It feels fantastic and I have zero complaints about the clutch/flywheel.

The CMC issues I had with the OEM and with Sirimoto shouldn't be a problem if you've already got a KZCMC.

I don't have any regrets choosing the ACT kit, only master cylinder regrets. Although I received the new version of the Sirimoto and I'll be installing it this weekend and testing it out.

Given how I drive this thing, if the ACT clutch lasts 30,000 miles I'll be pleased with the performance. I really feel like I'm going to blow the tranny in one way or another before the clutch starts to go, though.

I couldn't be happier for only spending ~$850.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
To JT Si
How is the new version of the N1 different ?
Is it just the length of the thread on the rod or
is there something else ?
Thank you for answering.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
To JT Si
How is the new version of the N1 different ?
Is it just the length of the thread on the rod or
is there something else ?
Thank you for answering.
The clevis is larger, the rod is a different length. Other than that, there are no apparent differences in design. However, I am not going to disassemble the new one to examine the internals. We'll just have to see if it feels any different/has more pedal feel when I install it.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Keep me updated we are 2 sport and si waiting for clutch upgrade in a month going act 6 puck spring and new cmc sirimoto or eman his cmc if availble...

Last edited:

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
The clevis is larger, the rod is a different length. Other than that, there are no apparent differences in design. However, I am not going to disassemble the new one to examine the internals. We'll just have to see if it feels any different/has more pedal feel when I install it.
Are you still getting lockout now that you have more miles on the clutch?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Are you still getting lockout now that you have more miles on the clutch?
I haven't had any outright lockout in a while but it's still a bit slow to shift when I'm hammering the throttle in TSP stage 1 map 3 to redline.

Fortunately I'm not that interested in hammering the car from a dig. The spirited backroad driving I do is mostly 20 to 8055MPH and I have zero issues shifting between 2-3 and 3-4 while driving as hard as the car will go.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just finished my dyno tune session with DRob at IMW. ACT street clutch performed great with no apparent slippage found in the dyno graphs. reached 345whp/308wtq on e30 so now it's just seeing if it last. probably have around 1000 miles on the clutch but about 40% of that is highway miles.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Just got notified my ACT street kit shipped today, got the full plate organic on a pretty much stock hatch with ktuner. Should I be looking at upgrading the cmc and is the new sirimoto one pretty decent or should I save and get the kzcmc instead?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Just got notified my ACT street kit shipped today, got the full plate organic on a pretty much stock hatch with ktuner. Should I be looking at upgrading the cmc and is the new sirimoto one pretty decent or should I save and get the kzcmc instead?
I have a new version of the Sirimoto and I have cruise control back and an acceptable adjustment range. I don't like how it feels vs. stock still, and if the KZCMC feels more like stock I'd prefer it.

However, unless you experience gear lockout or some other issues with the OEM master cylinder, no need to change it.

Last edited:

Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a new version of the Sirimoto and I have cruise control back and an acceptable adjustment range. I don't like how it feels vs. stock still, and if the KZCMC feels more like stock I'd prefer it.

However, unless you experience gear lockout or some other issues with the OEM master cylinder, no need to change it.
Can you elaborate on what you’re not liking exactly?

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i bought the street kit too and have a prl big turbo Si. i get the gear lockout at high rpm so i ordered the kzcmc. only time will tell.

thejdoner

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i bought the street kit too and have a prl big turbo Si. i get the gear lockout at high rpm so i ordered the kzcmc. only time will tell.
Any update on whether it holds the power? Planning to go 27won W2 when it drops in a few months along with flex fuel. Want to decide on a clutch before then. ?

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any update on whether it holds the power? Planning to go 27won W2 when it drops in a few months along with flex fuel. Want to decide on a clutch before then. ?
i've had it for about 4k miles now and it's not slipped at all. DRob did the tuning and i'm making 345whp and 308wtq on E30 at 24 psi with the PRL turbo kit (2860g2). i did get the kzcmc to help the shifting near redline tho so that's important.

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pedal is lighter with less feedback vs. OEM, so it's less enjoyable to use and more difficult to modulate the clutch.
Anymore update on the new Sirimoto CMC or did you go with something else?

I was looking at the Sirimoto CMC until I started reading this thread AND I had already decided to go with the ACT clutch because of past positive experiences..
Sponsored